Putting my train horn kit together!

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
First steps towards getting this together!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    759.5 KB · Views: 152

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
Yeah snake I have a 20 gallon tank didn't want to run out of air lol I'm also going to be running my air bags off of it.

Vader I'm going to mount them underneath where the spare tire should be. I have kept it in the bed since the wire rotted away.

nickg3130

Reaction score
Yeah snake I have a 20 gallon tank didn't want to run out of air lol I'm also going to be running my air bags off of it.

Vader I'm going to mount them underneath where the spare tire should be. I have kept it in the bed since the wire rotted away.

I'm interested how your going to run both the horns and bags from the tank. I wanna do the same with mine.

florida 6.0

Reaction score
Going to be a cool project . And louddddd . I have a kl5a and 6 gallons with a single compressor , it empties way to fast .

dsberman94

Reaction score
They make tanks with more than one outlet for running more than one thing from them. I had an s10 that was body dropped and on air bags. It was really shoddy work and I ended up taking a huge hit when I sold it but it was cool for a little while. The air tank it had actually had 6 spots for lines to go in or come out. And it ran two air compressors for that tank. You run electric solenoids to switches in the cab that will open them to do whatever you want. Or to electric computer valves or gauges for air bags. Whatever you want, but the point I'm trying to make is the tanks are out there.
56b45db85eea3a6eb265a9875602e899.jpg
5e78c95605850eafef939eef7edb6cca.jpg

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yup. Just make sure you put water seperators between the pumps and the tank. There will be a lot of water in it. Empty it about every oil change and you should be good. Might be more during humid months.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Cool setup, interested in seeing it come together. I'm about to do onboard air on my truck for horns and rear bags.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the "air horn" valves, that can be opened with 12v will hold up being used as valves to inflate/ deflate rear air bags? Or are there special 12v operated air valves for that?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Google for vehicle air bag kits and those companies will have the valves your looking for. The setup I used to have in a truck used two valves. One to fill each bag and one to deflate.