Turbo

STROKER

Reaction score
why do you want to run such a big turbo, you'll never compete in a 3.0 sled pulling class, so why put a turbo on there that is not streetable. put a solid 66 on the with a diverter valve, gate it for the spray and call er good

Well I'm planning on drag'n it too just pull it on occasion in a excibiton class, do u think running my turbo with 285hybrids would be safe on stock rods with a single shot of spray? I wanna run a bigger injector with my turbo and eventually run a bigger single or compounds its not a daily driver

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Not really. I mean it is but in this changing advancing world 500 is too common, not enough power to keep up these days. Its impressive dont get me wrong but its too safe dustball is saying poewrful as in pushing the evelope

Dustball8504

Reaction score
530-550 can be had with a simple injector and turbo swap (190s and a powermax). I think it was very impressive if someone had 550hp say 3 years ago but the way the aftermarket is booming today it seems that power level is getting to be normal haha.

motoxracer42

Reaction score
i dont get why people think they need such big injectors. my hybrids were running the stroke of a 205 at 3900psi and i bumped them up to 225s and it dropped to 2000psi. lost 10mph in the quarter with bigger injectors.
you will never clean up a 255cc injector because with the amount of icp you will be seeing, there will be nothing but smoke and the truck will be a turd. ive seen shawn run a 11.3 on 225s and since most of you say you want to run 11.9 there should be no issue getting there.

jonnysteals

Reaction score
530-550 can be had with a simple injector and turbo swap (190s and a powermax). I think it was very impressive if someone had 550hp say 3 years ago but the way the aftermarket is booming today it seems that power level is getting to be normal haha.

Didn't nate truck come with a brand new 64 II turbo?

strokin6L

Reaction score
I had 225s in my 04 with a powermax and it didn't come close to clearing them. I could black out a 4 lane with it LOL

I am however picking up a truck this weekend that has 225s with 100% tips on them and a single 64mm non vgt so I will let you know how it does :D

Maybe Nate could also put some info in about how it does since it's still his baby haha

So i'm assuming Nate sold it with just the 64mm and not the twin setup?

strokin6L

Reaction score
the 64mm is a nice all around good charger for a street truck that doesnt tow alot or heavy. You can still tow with it, but not really heavy. You would definitly need around a 190 injector

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Nate had the 64 on the truck but it had the option to come with two other turbos. I didn't want the twin kit because I want to do a little sled pulling with the truck and most classes around here don't allow it.