Turbo

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
275's ehh, and what are you going to use fpr upgraded oil pump. f8ck i laugh at all you guys with your 225's or even you guys that have stock sticks saying maybe i need bigger than 225's, 225's setup right in a 7500lbs truck will run 11.5's all day, do you guys think maybe your starting out to big and thats why your sh!t don't run right

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I talked to Eric alot before deciding on injectors. his truck had the same injectors that im getting in it and ran a 10.8 on stock oil. He put $7800 hybrids in there are ran a 10.6. All im trying to do is get to 11.5 with spraying as little as possible.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
275's ehh, and what are you going to use fpr upgraded oil pump. f8ck i laugh at all you guys with your 225's or even you guys that have stock sticks saying maybe i need bigger than 225's, 225's setup right in a 7500lbs truck will run 11.5's all day, do you guys think maybe your starting out to big and thats why your sh!t don't run right

Your the pro and i look up to what you do. Idk anything about it. Instead of laughing why not guide with the knowledge you have. I for one would really appreciate it. If your willing to talk im willing to listen.

Donzimama

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Shaun I thought you were running 430s on stock
Oil? Or was that sarcasm haha. For the op you should buy my ssx and turn them babies down and have a streetable 600hp.

Donzimama

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Depends man. An ssx is a serious charger .so are the hos. If you don't have the coin for twins and want more streetability they are good units for 550+ for sure.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
You're right. The vgt chargers are obviously the most streetable. They work well in a mid-high 12 second truck. Also, you can have a lot of fun with a 12 second daily driven truck. Its very respectable for a 7500+ pound DD.

As a side note, Donzi, what is your new setup going to be?

Last edited:

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Yes I'm running 340cc stix but they are hybrids, they have bigger fuel plungers in them so they require the same anount of oil as say a 190cc stick. Anything over a 205-225 stroke of the oil piston you will run low on oil pressure. That's why elite,casserly,hypermax will on ly build up to a 190 before they suggest you upgrade your oil system. If your only maintaing 3000psi with a 225 and 4000 psi with a 190. You'll make way more power on fuel only with a 190

STROKER

Reaction score
I need to get a dang hpo gauge, sorry to get off topic here but shawn do you think a truck with stock internals would hold together running 285 hybrids and say a s 475 on fuel or spray

Dustball8504

Reaction score
I need to get a dang hpo gauge, sorry to get off topic here but shawn do you think a truck with stock internals would hold together running 285 hybrids and say a s 475 on fuel or spray

I think it would be harder spooling an s475 than it would be making sure everything stays together.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
why do you want to run such a big turbo, you'll never compete in a 3.0 sled pulling class, so why put a turbo on there that is not streetable. put a solid 66 on the with a diverter valve, gate it for the spray and call er good

Donzimama

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You're right. The vgt chargers are obviously the most streetable. They work well in a mid-high 12 second truck. Also, you can have a lot of fun with a 12 second daily driven truck. Its very respectable for a 7500+ pound DD.

As a side note, Donzi, what is your new setup going to be?

I'm pulling the 190s Sunday...truck will be down for a
Second until the new sticks are finished and I finish the RR and Fuel system..got a lot of work to do but the specifics will be out once I get it all working haha.

Latest posts

Members online