1953 F250 Powerstroke RatRod

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
yeah, i definitely get that. sometimes i just get a little too picky. hell this thing wouldve been done a year ago if i did what some people have haha. Looks like today I get to teach the girlfriend how to use the plasma cutter.....should be fun

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Bad arse build. I love it.

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
20150726_2220471_zpsjm0v4hqz.jpg

Didnt get as much done as id like yesterday but finished the mount for the battery/tool box and hung the exhaust

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Made the battery box tonight. still have to fasten it down and might have to change the lid and add a lip to keep rain out. Its got a decent spot for straps and stuff too
20150729_2150051_zpsfiefxher.jpg

20150729_2150491_zps6mzjsqaf.jpg

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
7b474de8a1a5b87982db3182758fdd32.jpg
dd2a753e064cad3477e1c1f8198fac15.jpg

Finished the box tonight with a piece of angle for a handle and some latches from my jeep projects. Also made one of the tanks. Wishing I had a tig right now... stainless with a mig kinda sucks, that or I havent gotten the hang of this stainless wire

jngreen

Reaction score
7b474de8a1a5b87982db3182758fdd32.jpg
dd2a753e064cad3477e1c1f8198fac15.jpg

Finished the box tonight with a piece of angle for a handle and some latches from my jeep projects. Also made one of the tanks. Wishing I had a tig right now... stainless with a mig kinda sucks, that or I havent gotten the hang of this stainless wire

Are you using the same gas, or did you switch. I think the guys at work who weld stainless with a mig switch both the wire and gas, and it seems to work fine. I'm not sure what they do with the heat or wire speed though.

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Same C25 gas. Normally Id just TIG it but I dont have one available to me. It looks pretty good once i got the settings better and got rid of the spatter. Figured Id try it out and see what happens. Need to do the passenger side tank tonight so we'll see how that goes. almost done with all the welding for this project, kinda makes me sad cause i really like welding haha

jngreen

Reaction score
Same C25 gas. Normally Id just TIG it but I dont have one available to me. It looks pretty good once i got the settings better and got rid of the spatter. Figured Id try it out and see what happens. Need to do the passenger side tank tonight so we'll see how that goes. almost done with all the welding for this project, kinda makes me sad cause i really like welding haha

I think it looks good. I'm pretty sure I couldn't do any better. That's one of those things that it's hard to find material to practice on, and you pretty much have it figured out by the time you are done.

patricku47

Reaction score

Haul yourself to Texas, I've got plenty of welding on my Bronco project that I would gladly let you do! Killer project man! Nice to see a hotrod/ratrod project stay all Ford!

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
The goal all along has been to keep it all ford and with everything pretty much accounted for, I made it. Gotta get this thing done so I can put a 4BT and a D60 and 10.25 under the jeep. I WANNA DO BURNOUTS SOOO BAD RIGHT NOW!!! hahah

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Worked on it again tonight. all the welding should be done other than the box but Im going to focus on getting it running and driving before I bother with that. "Simple" things like plumbing, electrical and fluids now. Did the power steering lines tonight and some other misc stuff. checked all the bolts underneath again after mounting shocks and such. Cold side pipe doesnt fit quite right now, probably have to just cut it and see but I think i can make it work with a couple boots to bend it a little and make it like 2" longer.

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
hard to update when its just pictures of wiring harnesses lol fixed the cold side pipe with another boot and have the lower rad hose figured out too. wiring is gonna suck a bit more than i thought....

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Got her down on all fours today. This thing looks mean! Contemplating getting some 05+ rims and smaller tires for the front but probably waiting til down the road for that. Still working on wiring, real PITA going from memory on where everything goes. I have the wiring book for my 02 but its proven rather useless for an e99. Also finished hooking up all the fuel lines:)
uploadfromtaptalk1440731367119.jpgView attachment 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1440731394561.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1440731394561.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 204

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Very nice. I like that the wheels aren't all tucked in. When you say 05 wheels are you talking about the lariats?

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Also, I'd love to do a project like this but I'm still researching how I could crew cab one.

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
the 05+ wheels have a little more backspacing and I tried my cousins spare on it and it fit perfectly at the fender but bumped the radius arms. 29" tires on those rims would be about perfect.

They are pretty rare but in 56 there were some crew cab conversions done. anything pre 56 just doesnt look quite right IMO