1953 F250 Powerstroke RatRod

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Not much to update with other than its going slow. Got a new puppy and its bear hunting season. Not to mention that harvest is coming up too. I might have some time this weekend to work on it but we'll see

7.3obs

Reaction score
I haven't been on long but when I do I check this thread! Those chain tie downs look awesome!!!

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have E99 wiring diagrams? my big book is for my 02 and is less than helpful. mainly looking for dash wiring diagrams. Motor is 85% wired, just need to find where i put the relay and some ground cables

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Mounted coolant jug today and started on some of the wiring mess.
1b00cdd83c73f3a90648fcc664ce4950.jpg

Busy around here so I havent gotten much time to work on It. Got this little guy to play with and a gf to keep happy too
1f5fe5a91363a252777ec4644537f1e5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Sorting out some of this rats nest of wires. Mounted the fuse boxes, pcm, and idm yesterday. Must've lost my firewall grommet for the pcm somewhere along the way. Some switches and filling it with fluids and I can probably start it up. Gauges, head and tail lights, and wipers and its ready to roll

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
put the driveshaft on tonight and cleaned up some of the odds and ends underneath. put coolant and oil in it. with any luck we should be able to start it this weekend

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Can't wait to see videos of this thing running. I love this project.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Wired it up tonight. got it to turn over but it wouldnt fire up. something with the PCM power or something. too late to get it going tonight. maybe tomorrow

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
nope. today wasnt the day. We've been taking advantage of the "warm" weather around the farm and doing field work while we can. Much needed naptime was taken advantage of today haha. Going to Florida next weekend for my sisters wedding so its looking like I'll still have a chance to get it running before new years.
Plan is to bring my laptop with AE over and see what it shows and if not then I'll have to find some E99 diagrams and start tracing wires. I have the big blue book for my 02 but it only sort of helps since so much changed towards the end of the run

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
found a couple grounds i missed. hooked them up and were closer now. Voltage is dropping down to 8v when cranking and according to AE cranking rpms are only 100-150. thats if we can actually get it to display.
Getting some codes Im thinking B2141 NVM Configuration Failure (No PCM ID Exchange Between Instrument Cluster and PCM) is the one holding us back. all the other codes are things like no IAH, wastegate solenoid, or the missing IAT that was in the air box.
It will buzz the injectors but after it does the cycle of each injector it fails the test. It also fails a KOEO test immediately. not sure what thats about
next step is to hook up the cluster and see if that will get rid of B2141.

ford_trck

Reaction score
You will need a minimum 10.5 volts for the injectors to fire. Try charging the batteries and trying again.

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
You will need a minimum 10.5 volts for the injectors to fire. Try charging the batteries and trying again.

we've had the charger hooked up the whole time. probably going to take them in to get load tested. they were new when i got the donor truck but they sat around for a while. Walmart specials so not like theyre that great to begin with

Latest posts