Loss of power while towing!

bpan

Reaction score
I need a bit of help, Im on vacation right now having a problem with my truck loosing power. Out of nowhere the truck will loose all power. Boost is good, i can downshift fine but still has no power. No smoke, trans seems to be holding. When I stop and shut the truck off it goes away, but will come back again. It seems like its not fueling enough. My rail pressure is fine. List of mods below.
GH tune
Streetmax R
Dual Fuelers

Thanks guys!

bpan

Reaction score
Filters good ?

I believe they should be fine. They have been changed recently. Also the fact that once I restart it runs fine.

Another thing to add: If put to the floor usually my pulse width hits ~1300, when the problem occurs it is not that high. More like 700. I have been running this tune for roughly a year without problems, I doubt it is the tune thats doing this.

PDT1081

Reaction score
I believe they should be fine. They have been changed recently. Also the fact that once I restart it runs fine.

Another thing to add: If put to the floor usually my pulse width hits ~1300, when the problem occurs it is not that high. More like 700. I have been running this tune for roughly a year without problems, I doubt it is the tune thats doing this.

Can you monitor your low pressure fuel system?

bpan

Reaction score
Can you monitor your low pressure fuel system?

I dont think my MiniMax has that capability or maybe it does? My scanner does not come with me on holidays usually haha, maybe it should.

Spatel23

Reaction score

Id guess low pressure fuel pump is taking a dump.
Key on Engine Off does it sound normal ?

dsmracing1

Reaction score
No DTC's? Something de fuelling from one of the mini maxx settings? Is your Injection pump pressure going down when this occurs?

bpan

Reaction score
No DTC's? Something de fuelling from one of the mini maxx settings? Is your Injection pump pressure going down when this occurs?

My pump pressure seems normal to me. Its definately not the minimax defueling. Ill check the key on if the low pressure pump runs normally. No DTCs yet. Its only happened 3 times though.

bpan

Reaction score
fuel temps will put it into limp and throw no codes.

Does anything tell you that the truck has gone into limp mode? I am leaning towards this answer, as the truck was running pretty hot all day. Roughly 230 degree F oil temp. Coolant stayed a little lower.

On another note we drove back today with no problems. Is was a fair amount cooler outside and the truck stayed cooler too.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anything tell you that the truck has gone into limp mode? I am leaning towards this answer, as the truck was running pretty hot all day. Roughly 230 degree F oil temp. Coolant stayed a little lower.

On another note we drove back today with no problems. Is was a fair amount cooler outside and the truck stayed cooler too.

nope ! maybe you can watch fuel temps, iirc it will limp at 160* or so .

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Ill do that next time Im towing. Thanks for the help.

when it happened to me , multiple times before i got the h&s low pressure system, the first time i replaced the fuel pump ( stupid ) and 2nd time i just disconnected the fuel temp sensor until i could get fuel.