bio diesel on a egr and dpf deleted truck

Stroked777

Reaction score
i asked this question in the alternative fuels section but this place has more traffic.
i been searching the web for a while now looking for info on b20 or higher in a 6.4 and everything i find with with the truck completely stock, all emissions in place. is there any reason not to run b20 during the summer in a deleted truck, anyone have any insight? thanks

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
i asked this question in the alternative fuels section but this place has more traffic.
i been searching the web for a while now looking for info on b20 or higher in a 6.4 and everything i find with with the truck completely stock, all emissions in place. is there any reason not to run b20 during the summer in a deleted truck, anyone have any insight? thanks

One time I had about 10 miles to E as the lie o meter said. The closest diesel was "76" as we call it in here. That gas station only had B100 so I said im about to run out of diesel and tried it. Filled er up drove down the road CEL came on cleared it and never did have any problems. Skip about 40,000 miles later HPFP went out. That one fill up on B100 probably contributed to killing the HPFP. Look on the bright side though you smell like Mcdonalds/french fries going down the road LOL. On another note I ran B20 in the 6.7 one time and it never did have any problems.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

Stroked777

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info at all on this topic? Like I said before I checked all over the web and I only found people saying it's a bad idea to run b20 because of the dpf. What if the dpf is gone?

fordman2121

Reaction score
Ive been running b100 for over 2 years in mine. No issues at all. Obviously when its cold I either blend or run pure diesel if I know its going to stay cold for awhile. I also plumbed in a fuel heater so I can run it longer in the year as I can buy it cheaper then diesel.

Cknox121

Reaction score
I have never ran bio diesel, but I do run di-electric mineral oil. Mix it 50/50. Wouldn't be scared to run b20

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Cknox121

Reaction score
Never heard of di-electric mineral oil

It's what is in the pole mount transformers out side your house all the way to 500KV transformers. It's used as insulation for electrical parts much like insulation around a wire. We have burned about 20k gallons between all the work trucks and me and my dad's truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slowmans

Reaction score
I run B-20 to B-80 all sumer long and have never had any issues, did the same in my 6.0 with no issues either, my 10' is deleted and tuned. If you think that B-100 burned up your HPFP I highly doubt it, B-2 has more lubrication the pump diesel.

f350guy

Reaction score
I ran Bio in various quantities on my 6.4 pretty much since I bought it and still do. I kept the concentration to B20 or less when I had the DPF for the brief time, per factory recommendations. As I understand, basically the higher concentrations prevent full regen as Bio does not burn as hot. I read an indepth VW article regarding this issue.

Truck has around 90k on it now and I run anywhere from B100 to straight No 2 with no issues. I change the fuel filters at 10k intervals, I am still on the factory system and will be going to the FASS due to ease of service mainly and superior filtration.

Oh, and this is commercially available Biodiesel, not Waste Vegetable Oil.

Maybe it helps, probably not.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I would definitely wanna try it but here in NY it costs more than regular number 2. Not worth it to me and the only bio pump is a 20 minute drive one way

Members online

No members online now.