obs tymar intake or riffraff 6637 filter kit pros and cons

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Cary, I agree with you on the filter covers. Just curious why you say AFE filters have poor filtration efficiency? The AFE big boost (6637 "equivalent") flows 850cfm vs the 6637 at 425 cfm.

Sorry to the OP if this is too much of a derail.
take the cfm numbers and toss them in the trash.. its is filter media surface area that allows the air needed.. like I said before, swamps uses the Donaldson and is proven to out power the others....

live life full throttle

97strokerHD

Reaction score
What do you guys normally do with the maf sensor when you put an intake on? Extend the wires to mount in the intake tube or just let the sensor hang out?

old man dave

Reaction score
There is no MAF unit on a 7.3. There is a Intake Air Temp (IAT) sensor in the stock air filter housing. This is usually just tie-wrapped to a convinient spot on the fender.

97strokerHD

Reaction score
That is what I meant. Just didn't know if it was something that needed to be relocated or if it could just hang out.

Tom S

Reaction score
I have a pete's cover and I don't see why you say they are worthless. I pull mine off and wash it out, and my filter is still like new, and when I wash the cover its filthy, so it must be doing something for me

Gonna side with Chris on this one. I like a cover for keeping the bigger crap off the filter.

old man dave

Reaction score
Gonna side with Chris on this one. I like a cover for keeping the bigger crap off the filter.

Yeah, but you like a CLEAN truck. Me, I just change the Donaldson filter about every 25-30kmiles. Performance doesn't drop off as it gets dirty. And I have the dyno runs to back up that statement before and after replacement with a fresh filter.:)

Any cover users out there who have checked to see if there was any power loss with/without cover? I've never felt like using a cover so have no results to discuss.

Members online

No members online now.