Hoping to install e-fuel quickly

bluedge8

Reaction score
It Has the strictly diesel repair kit. So it's a 50/50 on it coming out? If it falls in, does it always go to the bottom of the pan? Is there a chance it could catch on the crank?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I didn't want to take the chance.

I drained the oil, tapped the bottom of the oil pan till the pushrod was over top the drain hole. Then took a small wire and looped it over the rod through the drain hole. My dipstick nut wasn't in very good shape so, I took another wire, looped it and grabbed the wire in the drain plug and pulled it out of the dipstick hole on the oil pan.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Pulling the mech pump, how do I retrieve the push rod, and what size frost plug fits it?

- Remove the bolts holding the fuel pump
- Do NOT remove pump at this time
- Bar the motor over until fuel pops up. Once it pops up, the cam lobe is blocking the hole so the rod can't fall.

To plug the hole, get yourself the drain adapter for a T4 conversion. The adapter is threaded and bolts in place.

PART_1422385597005_20140630_181946_zps7db9f7e7.jpg

The -4 return hoses reach the regulator if you mount it by the HPOP resevior.

The compression fittings I used are the Ermeto type available at the hydraulic store.

Put a ball valve before the filters. The fuel will gravity feed once you take the hose off the supply line. All mods are done after the selector valve.

Let me know if need any other assistance.

Here are some pics to help you out

DSC_0141_zpscceb38b7.jpg

IMG_20130830_192632_640_zps8ae2f82d.jpg

IMG_20130830_185708_725_zpse0303ed2.jpg

IMG_20130830_185635_722_zps97cac77a.jpg

Before T4 conversion (E fuel conversion)
DSC_0130_zps305195a8.jpg

DSC_0138_zps0f1142d5.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Want to add--->

- Use the fuel heater as your relay coil wire.
- I ran 10 ga wire to the pump to eliminated any chance of voltage drop
- A sealed Bosch 40A relay is recommended
- I just run a relay to control the fuel pump. I was running a NO/NC oil pressure switch and it malfunctioned, so I eliminated it.

Billy T.
[email protected]

bluedge8

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I put it back the way it was, I have changed plans and am going to use just the truck this weekend, then next week I'll dig in and do it right

bluedge8

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, I finally got time to work on this, also due to needing to move the 5th wheel this weekend into storage. I don't have everything put together the way I want it permanently but it works for now with no leaks. I had the pump mounted vertically between the filters but found out that wasn't going to work, so I had to take it back apart and build a "stand" for it so it now sits horizontal in front of the filters. Truck runs like a raped ape now compared to before, I'm very happy. It runs very smooth, I think I was loosing a lot of power before e fuel. Apparently loosing the exh back pressure sensor isn't that big of a deal as it runs very well. This truck is going in for a lot of work this winter ( I don't drive it in the winter).

One question I do have, I just changed the oil 200 miles before all of this. I noticed when finishing up the e fuel that the oil was over full and looked fuel diluted, this was after my initial key on to check for leaks. Where are all of the possibilities for getting fuel in the oil:
mechanical fuel pump?
o-rings on inj's
any where else?

I just changed the oil again, I'll be putting 300 miles on today and should know if it is making oil (duramax term lol) when I get home. I am planning on inj's this winter but need to drive it for a little while longer while I fix the duramax, again, thanks for everyones help, it went way better than if I was just fumbling around on my own.

bluedge8

Reaction score
I haven't had a fuel bowl for a while, I think I still have the old filter though I could cut it apart.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Just got home from pulling tandem to storage, it went pretty well, truck had way more power than it ever had before, I did get a bit of a miss/ chug when going up hill @ 70mph, but total weight should have been close to 20k, so I'll throw the adrenaline on and clean up the e fuel over the winter and see how it goes.

Members online

No members online now.