40-45 mph hop/vibration issue

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
UPDATE on the TSB

A few guys over on FTE are reporting positive reviews on the damper.

My dually has the hop at starting around 42mph. I wonder if I have to remove OUO bars prior to taking the truck in....hmmm????

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1447268-new-vibration-or-hopping-tsb.html

Billy T.
[email protected]
being that it is just a tsb, you still have to pay for it since it is not a recall correct? does warranty cover it if there is warranty left that is?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I like how it almost doubled in price for those of us who will have to pay for it.

My quote from 8-10-2016.
Sunrise Price.

clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
OEM Ford Part Number 9C3Z-5D008-B | DAMPER ASY Our Price: $309.85

Icon_FreeShipping_Small.gif

New price from sunrise.

clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
OEM Ford Part Number 9C3Z-5D008-B | DAMPER ASY Our Price: $506.69

clear1x1.gif

Genuine Ford Part Number 9C3Z-5D008-B
clear1x1.gif

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I like how it almost doubled in price for those of us who will have to pay for it.

My quote from 8-10-2016.

New price from sunrise.

clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
OEM Ford Part Number 9C3Z-5D008-B | DAMPER ASY Our Price: $506.69

clear1x1.gif

Genuine Ford Part Number 9C3Z-5D008-B
clear1x1.gif
prolly because they now know that so many people need them... cant imagine that it cost any different to manufacture in less than two months.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

thor943

Reaction score
So if I am having the same problem on my 2015 CCSB, then I don't get the same service? I get the same hope bewtween 43 and 47. The truck is only 2 years old and only has 16K miles on it so I am def. under warranty. I dont understand why it only applies to long beds if we with short beds are having the same problems.

JakesDiesel

Reaction score
took mine in this morning.. only 245 miles on the odometer.. took the diesel tech for a ride with me, and he confirmed, it definitely needs the Damper TSB..

They ordered the parts, and hopefully they will be in next week prior to thanksgiving, as I plan on driving about 1,000 miles next week to visit family!

Luke

JakesDiesel

Reaction score
I just had this TSB installed on my 2016 F350 DRW w/ 4.30 gears... the vibrations I was having at 40-45mph, are still there! I also get a terrible vibration on concrete freeways with expansion joints in them.. I'm going to try lowering the rear tire pressures down to about 40-45psi this evening, and see if this improves the unloaded vibrations at all.

Layson

Reaction score
What do they say now that you have the damper installed and it still does it LOL?

JakesDiesel

Reaction score
What do they say now that you have the damper installed and it still does it LOL?

haven't taken it back yet.. on the paperwork it said, 'test drive post TSB install, and successfully eliminated vibration'... I laughed out loud when I read that after driving it home..

ridiculous the price on these trucks and they have these kind of issues.. AND that they've been out for 7 years ('11-16)..and still no REAL fix from FORD!

sootie

Reaction score
haven't taken it back yet.. on the paperwork it said, 'test drive post TSB install, and successfully eliminated vibration'... I laughed out loud when I read that after driving it home..

ridiculous the price on these trucks and they have these kind of issues.. AND that they've been out for 7 years ('11-16)..and still no REAL fix from FORD!

its been going on since the super duty was conceived. More prominent on the coil front end trucks though. I would take it right back to the dealer and take the service manager on a drive and show him that it does it still.

Layson

Reaction score
Do they have any long bed crew cab 2017's on the lot? Go take one of those for a drive and see if it does it...LOL

Jomax

Reaction score
I just had this TSB installed on my 2016 F350 DRW w/ 4.30 gears... the vibrations I was having at 40-45mph, are still there! I also get a terrible vibration on concrete freeways with expansion joints in them.. I'm going to try lowering the rear tire pressures down to about 40-45psi this evening, and see if this improves the unloaded vibrations at all.

Expansion joints will always make the truck ride like crap. Very truck does this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JakesDiesel

Reaction score
Expansion joints will always make the truck ride like crap. Very truck does this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've owned 6 of these 6.7l trucks from '11-'16 (3 DRW CC's, and 3 SRW short wheel base CC).. the SRW Short wheel base trucks don't bounce/hop like the Long Wheel base DRW trucks do on the expansion joint highways. It's almost ridiculous how bad the rear end hops/bounces when on these type interstates.

Layson

Reaction score
Soooo..... the '17s don't have this issue?

Billy T.
[email protected]

I am not sure yet. I need to go drive one. I have had people with older CCLB trucks tell me that their truck does not bounce at 45 and then I go for a ride with them and it actually does bounce at 45 mph. They just never really noticed it...LOL.

It wouldn't surprise me if the newer trucks still did it. This isn't something that is strictly a Ford issue, the other manufacturers have similar things with their long wheel base trucks. They are even boxed frames as well.

So until I go drive one for myself and set it at 45 mph range and I don't feel it, I don't know if I would completely believe that the issue was resolved. Some of the newer trucks come with that dampner deal, so that makes me think that they do have a problem still...LOL

Members online

No members online now.