40-45 mph hop/vibration issue

Jomax

Reaction score
Some guy fully boxed his frame and it didn't fix the issue for him..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Tell me about it..

If you connected the two sides in a few spots and left the end of the tubing open it may.

Are all these trucks sporting staggered rear shocks?

Jomax

Reaction score
If you connected the two sides in a few spots and left the end of the tubing open it may.

Are all these trucks sporting staggered rear shocks?

Yes, they all stagger.

TyCorr

Reaction score
It seems there's possibly a bunch of things causing this.

I bet traction bars would help. They won't fix the issue because the axle isnt the problem. The ends of the springs are fixed and the frame is spaghetti noodling while the spring hangers stay put. Having the rear axle dampers staggered may allow that harmonic noise to be absorbed.

If y'alls shocks are just clamped around the axle you may try putting them both on the rear and seeing what happens.

nighthawk285

Reaction score
Shock mounts aren't clamped, welded from the factory......but an interesting idea, hell it wouldn't take anything to put another pair on with some clamp on brackets just to see if that worked for folks. A lot have tried replacing shocks, but I don't know that I've read of anyone adding shocks

FWIW, I did some searching around and that damper was also their "fix" way back in 2009 for the 04-07 trucks......didn't work then either.

Last edited:

Layson

Reaction score

I bet traction bars would help. They won't fix the issue because the axle isnt the problem. The ends of the springs are fixed and the frame is spaghetti noodling while the spring hangers stay put. Having the rear axle dampers staggered may allow that harmonic noise to be absorbed.

If y'alls shocks are just clamped around the axle you may try putting them both on the rear and seeing what happens.

Sometimes the traction bars can actually make it worse....LOL

dsmracing1

Reaction score

My OUO bars didn't seem to help much. I've got a lot of different things on the rear from stock however. I have the air bags I keep around 8-10lbs all the time for the 75 gallon slip tank and heavy toolbox in the back with the fox 2.0's as well. Far from the factory setup for sure. It tends to settle down a bit but not go away completely, if I drop the bags to 3-4 psi but then the ass end squats. I'm too lazy to put a bigger rear block in it haha. Not really much for the Cali lean...

TyCorr

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced rear springs and noticed a difference?

It can only be two things. The frame/chassis or suspension. From what everyone describes it sounds like resonant harmonic garbage that is building up enough to start to oscillate.

I wish i had a 6.7 to see this on. My dad got a 16eclb last week but ill maybe never see it. Its already got 1400 miles on it. It aint parked much. Maybe ill ask him to use it tomorrow.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced rear springs and noticed a difference?

It can only be two things. The frame/chassis or suspension. From what everyone describes it sounds like resonant harmonic garbage that is building up enough to start to oscillate.

I wish i had a 6.7 to see this on. My dad got a 16eclb last week but ill maybe never see it. Its already got 1400 miles on it. It aint parked much. Maybe ill ask him to use it tomorrow.
no chit? did he give up on the doodge?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Strokersace

Reaction score
My cclb 2010 is doing it slightly as well. It's much worse with a gooseneck trailer hooked to it. Not so much with a bumper pull. It's there a tiny bit empty, but get noticeable front end hop with gooseneck.

Weird thing is though, it didn't start until I put 1" bottom coil mount spacers on to level it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Profuzz

Reaction score
My 06 cclb w/full deavers from carli (08-10 upgrade) still bounces also has OUO a arms

TyCorr

Reaction score
It has to be frame oscillation.

My buddy used to laugh at my lmm and lml trucks. They were all cclb. They have round tubing going from side to side and its open on each end. I believe this is collecting those harmonics and allowing them to decay. The fact that they are dead still from 0-92 tells me it works.

Someone with an older truck sack up and run heavyish pipe across in a few spots and weld it up.

nighthawk285

Reaction score
It has to be frame oscillation.

My buddy used to laugh at my lmm and lml trucks. They were all cclb. They have round tubing going from side to side and its open on each end. I believe this is collecting those harmonics and allowing them to decay. The fact that they are dead still from 0-92 tells me it works.

Someone with an older truck sack up and run heavyish pipe across in a few spots and weld it up.

This is almost exactly what I did and it made it go away in my truck.

One brace across the radius arms, and one back right in front of the fuel tank. Made them with 0.1875" wall 2" DOM tubing and 1/4" plate. b With both braces and the traction bars the hop was gone. Honestly the Chevy frames and tube x members were also an inspiration for this.

I recently removed the front brace because I was changing over to a PMF 4 link kit. Have about 250 miles on it as of today, with a lot of it in that 40-43mph section where I had the hop before and it still hasn't come back. Have a bit more body roll because of the 4 link, but will be getting an upgraded sway bar to help with that

gnxtc2

Reaction score
This is almost exactly what I did and it made it go away in my truck.

One brace across the radius arms, and one back right in front of the fuel tank. Made them with 0.1875" wall 2" DOM tubing and 1/4" plate. b With both braces and the traction bars the hop was gone. Honestly the Chevy frames and tube x members were also an inspiration for this.

I recently removed the front brace because I was changing over to a PMF 4 link kit. Have about 250 miles on it as of today, with a lot of it in that 40-43mph section where I had the hop before and it still hasn't come back. Have a bit more body roll because of the 4 link, but will be getting an upgraded sway bar to help with that

Any pics?

Billy T.
[email protected]

Latest posts

Members online