Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 94-97 Aftermarket

Old 07-30-2019, 10:12 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Default Wiring harness schematic for kill switch

Hi Fellas,

Seems here in Western Canada, our trucks are ever popular and Im fretting as every week 1 or more SDs or OBS trucks are stollen. Last one was 4 blocks from my house.

The notion is to make some sort of kill switch. I do have a Hydra setting that truck starts and peddle is dead, so itll only idle, also have a hidden switch that shuts e-fuel off. BTW truck still runs with E-fuel pump off, suspect injectors arent happy running with pump off...

So any leads to online harness schematic would be much appreciated, obviously a bunch of ways a guy can go about it and am open to detailed suggestions.

Thanks guys,
jrc
'97 F250 ECLB Tan White Tan E4OD, 4:10s, D60, PMF 3.5 RSK, Anti sways front/rear w rear bags 5 blocks (129,000 Kms) DP, intake and 4 exhaust.
Truck pix & Write ups
Old 07-30-2019, 12:10 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Have a switch for the IPR maybe
96 F-350 RC 4x4 Hypermax Rods, PIS 300/200s G head tunes, Garrett GT4294, Beans IDM, ARP head & main, girdle, half filled block, DI cam, Dual IPRs, ceramic coated bowls, anti-friction skirts, Haldex pump over Honey Badger Jr, Diesel site High volume lpop, Billet intake Plenums, Dual SD pumps, Fluidampner, beehive springs, cosmetic head gaskets, Inconel valves, hardend guides, Ported and polished heads by me, home made RR fuel, 5 speed tranny, with SB 3600 DxD. Snow water meth.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:59 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Install an air bag in the head rest... When they crank the starter bang it blows up... Keep them rats from coming back. Haha...
I thought hydra has a no start option??

Last edited by EPA; 07-30-2019 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:55 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPA View Post
Install an air bag in the head rest... When they crank the starter bang it blows up... Keep them rats from coming back. Haha...
I thought hydra has a no start option??
Yes it does or idle only, pending PCM and program files you choose. My auto PCM had no start, when I swapped in ZF, there was an idle only option. Plus thieves here know to change hydra files on the switch.
'97 F250 ECLB Tan White Tan E4OD, 4:10s, D60, PMF 3.5 RSK, Anti sways front/rear w rear bags 5 blocks (129,000 Kms) DP, intake and 4 exhaust.
Truck pix & Write ups
Old 07-30-2019, 03:06 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum PD View Post
Have a switch for the IPR maybe
Probably could alright, just would be helpful to see harness (wire) colours. Also was thinking of a switch to de-energize the PCM inside the cab. My understanding is as soon as you put key in powers up the PCM, (just in case I forget a spare key inside truck). Also obviously when you rotate the ignition switch powers up a bunch of stuff, case they smash the ignition lockset.

The notion would be to intercept by a hidden switch(es), that would limit power from ignition switch area until hidden switch(es) are activated.... hope that makes sense. So you can see it would be most helpful to have harness schematics.
Thanks for suggestions.
j
Truck pix & Write ups
Old 07-30-2019, 07:22 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

I'd just put a on/off switch controlling the starter solenoid on the fender.

Most crooks are not going to pop the hood to try and trouble shoot a no start.
96 F250 4x4 XLT, 5 speed, 4:10 rear end, gauges, Dale's HX hose, Dale's Tymar, downpipe, coolant filter, add a leaf, Luc clutch