Carli 2.5 Pics

Notneb

Reaction score
Just got my Carli 2.5 *commuter i know, shut up about the pintop kings* done yesterday, figured I'd put up this thread as a running: how does it compare, kind of thing.

My last truck had a BDS 4-link 4" lift with full deaver rears *loves those leaf packs* and fox 2.0's, so that and stock ride is what I'm comparing this lift to.

First off instal: My first lift was done by a shop, since the 4-Link bracket had to go where the original radius arm bracket was, thus it involved cutting those brackets from the frame, not something I felt I wanted to deal with.

That being said I have no real comparison on the 6.7 platform in regards to how easy this lift was to instal. The last lift I did was on a 7.3 and it was a breeze. The front was easy, but I mean all it was was dropping the axle, and putting coils, springs and a track bar in, not exactly rocket science.

The rear was... just a pain in the ass. Even with 2 other guys, those deavers are just all sorts of fun to wrestle into place. As far as removal, the only real pain was the front bolts on both sides for the leaf packs, and a torch helped with that. The other thing is, if you're using an impact wrench for the rears, the space is very limited so you have to get creative with getting the impact wrench in there.

Estimated hours: 6 hours, with 2 guys helping. Most of this was because I didn't have the right size deep well impact sockets and had to run to home depot to get metrics. EVERYTHING IS METRIC!!! And sadly my Toolbox is 90% standard *sigh* So make sure you have: deepwell's in the 20-30mm range. The front leaf spring bolts are 30MM, most of the rest of the rear is 22-24MM, and yes you will need deep wells.

A 30MM open/box end wrench.

2 guys are recommended if you're doing full replacement deavers instead of add a leaf, due to the sheer weight of those bad boys. I think they weigh close to 120lbs each, although I'm pretty sure it's closer 2 tons, if I were to guesstimate...

Also: if you don't have a torch, get one. I have a propane one, worked just fine. Spots I needed it on: Front Track bar bolts *upper and lower*, be careful with heat on the lower due to the rubber boot on top. Rear leaf spring front bolts: only way to get them off for me.

Some 30" height capable jack stands makes this very very easy also. I used 12 ton ones from harbor freight, worked like a champ.

Floor jack to control the axle heights, and just a regular bottle jack to put it on jack stands.

So yeah, instal is pretty easy, I only referenced the instructions once, to make damn sure the left over bolts I had were for the steering stabilizer that has yet to arrive, lol.

014_zpshtsko0jx.jpg

Finished product with the stock suspension in the foreground. The Carli and 35's really make it sit higher than I anticipated, more close to 3 inches of lift, so it almost looks like a 4" lift according to everyone who's asked about it, lol.

017_zpsbzyhtyuh.jpg

Shot of the front coils and fox 2.0's, again, super easy instal, nothing of note.

018_zpscc8pbq5y.jpg

Rear deavers, Fox 2.0's and bump stop brackets. Deavers are freaking heavy, I had 2 other guys helping me and even then we all looked like we'd just given birth after getting just one side in...

019_zpsg0cax9tu.jpg

A better look at those beef monster leaf packs. Damn things ripped my brand new line-x too, lmao.

So the real reason anyone's reading this: The Ride! There's the age old saying: You get what you pay for, and in this case, it holds up. I honestly am glad I went with the Fox 2.0's to start out with because it lets my mind go wild with thoughts of: Wow if the Fox's are this good, those Kings must be amazing!

So compared to stock, well there is no comparison. The tire shop put the tire pressure at 65psi on all four corners, and even with rock hard tires it still rode 10x better than stock. Once I got it home I aired down to 45F/40R and took her back out, good god, it's insane.

The truck feels solid, yet very very forgiving of bumps/dips on road. I've yet to really take it off road at any good clip, but I will say the little slow bit I've done, it really handles it's self smoothly. My 2012's 4-Link wasn't as smooth, and didn't like sharp bumps/dips, the Carli seems to love everything you throw at it. Keep in mind too that this is just the Fox 2.0's, no remote reservoirs, nothing special, so that speaks volumes about Carli's set up and tuning.

I plan on getting it up to speed on some washboard and nasty roads this weekend so I can keep y'all updated on how well the Commuter package does with some moderate off roading.

I will say that this truck for now will spend most of it's life on the road, because I plan on getting the 2017 Raptor for most of my desert shenanigans, however I still wanted a platform that was capable of some offroad ass kicking if the need arises. I may or may not upgrade to the King's later on down the road, but I feel the info I get out of the Fox 2.0's will help a lot of guys on here who are looking for more than just a leveling kit, yet don't need a high dollar desert setup. The commuter setup with upgraded deavers and a steering stabilizer is, I feel, well within reach for the average owner.

As I've said numerous times, the ride is just way more than I hoped for, it's awesome. Carli's number 1 for a reason! I really feel like I paid way less for what I got, and I know that sounds dumb for people who have looked at the pricing for Carli stuff, lol, but trust me, it's soooooooooooooooo worth it!!!

Feel free to PM me if you want to know my exact ending cost.

Rule12b

Reaction score
I agree. Did not do the install myself thank god, but everything you say about the improvement echoes my experience with the same kit. It's a fantastic product.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Mine is getting done now. I went with the Back Country and Fox Resi shocks, also the full Deavers.

Your truck looks awesome! Really badass if you ask me. I am just a little worried however about the height once my truck is finished. Weird how in some other photos I saw of people's Carli-leveled trucks, they didn't seem to sit as high as yours.

I too have 35's, and I chose the leveling kit because I didn't like the idea of a 4" lift. With the Commuter kit I am really shocked to see how high your truck ended up sitting. Do a lot of people really mistake the height for something other than just a leveling kit?

Last edited:

Randy_270

Reaction score
Truck looks awesome! I just installed a 4.5" Carli Pintop with the 2.5" Kings and full deavers and I have to agree that it rides awesome. I came from 6000# front springs and Bilstein 5100s all around. With no change in tire & rim combo or even change in tire pressure, the truck handles way better! Still feel the small, sharp, jarring bumps but I can go over bumps at 70-80mph that I have to slow down to 40 with my work 2013 F150.

Randy_270

Reaction score
Mine is getting done now. I went with the Back Country and Fox Resi shocks, also the full Deavers.

Your truck looks awesome! Really badass if you ask me. I am just a little worried however about the height once my truck is finished. Weird how in some other photos I saw of people's Carli-leveled trucks, they didn't seem to sit as high as yours.

I too have 35's, and I chose the leveling kit because I didn't like the idea of a 4" lift. With the Commuter kit I am really shocked to see how high your truck ended up sitting. Do a lot of people really mistake the height for something other than just a leveling kit?

I can tell you that with the 4.5" lift, it's not that much taller. It's most definitely taller, but my 5'4" Fiancee can still get in with the factory steps no problem. You shouldn't have any problems with the 2.5".

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I think 2.5" with 35's look great on these trucks. 4.5 with 35's just looks off to me.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I totally agree with Unbroken. My belief is that these trucks are complimented by a 1.5"+ lift/level, and they just aren't acceptable at stock height with 35's.

Randy, I just hope it doesn't end up looking like more than I wanted

Last edited:

Randy_270

Reaction score
I totally agree with Unbroken. My belief is that these trucks are complimented by a 1.5"+ lift/level, and they just aren't acceptable at stock height with 35's.

Randy, I just hope it doesn't end up looking like more than I wanted

I'm sure you will like it. If you like how notneb's truck looks, you have nothing to worry about:thumbsup:

Jomax

Reaction score

I've had guys come and ask if mine is a 6in lift, 4in lift etc. Everytime I tell them it's a 2.5in lift, I get that blank look. LOL

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Yes everyone thinks it's a 4" kit, I think it's a lot to do with black truck on black rims, messes with the perception.

Took it out today on some forest service roads and blasted down them at 40-50mph, and wow! I really REALLY want to see how a the pintops ride because the Fox's had no issues handling the holes, bumps, washboard, anything! My 2012 with the BDS 4-link would've beat me up at half the speed, this lift is seriously in a league of its own! I was skeptical that an 8000 pound truck could really handle like it did today, but I am sipping the Carli koolaid now. I can see pintops in my future!

Thanks for all the compliments. I don't feel that it's too high, but maybe I'm too in love with the final product to care, lol.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Truck looks great man! Could you measure from the ground to the top of the cab please? I park in a parking garage and would like to know the overall truck height.

Jomax

Reaction score
Wait till you go to pintops, then the dominator lol

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Just makes life easier if you use the truck for a truck, with these new trucks and being able to stuff 37s on a 2.5in lift, why go higher?

I'm not disagreeing. I have the same amount of lift on mine and still use the truck when I need to. It looks great and makes the 35's/20's combo look perfect under there.

Notneb

Reaction score
Anytime, if anyone has questions feel free to pm me. Height from ground to cab is 82" btw.