Carli 2.5 Pics

Jomax

Reaction score
So, where in Tuscon is it that green? Just saw you're in AZ. I'm in East Mesa

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Also a little update: the brake line bracket relocation tabs need to be adjusted so the bolt doesn't hit the coils in the front. Just used a medium sized pipe wrench and bent it away about a 1/4 inch.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Looks great man. I've currently got just the Newton level kit up front and 5" blocks in the rear. I've thought about just getting some fox shocks and maybe changing the front leveling spacer to a better coil instead, But I've also looked at this kit. could you get some measurements from the ground to your front and rear fenders/Wheel wells? Thanks brother!

Charles

Jomax

Reaction score
Also a little update: the brake line bracket relocation tabs need to be adjusted so the bolt doesn't hit the coils in the front. Just used a medium sized pipe wrench and bent it away about a 1/4 inch.

Never had that issue. Butn I jumped to the steel braided lines and ditched the factory lines. Didn't want to take a chance romping it in the desert lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Looks great man. I've currently got just the Newton level kit up front and 5" blocks in the rear. I've thought about just getting some fox shocks and maybe changing the front leveling spacer to a better coil instead, But I've also looked at this kit. could you get some measurements from the ground to your front and rear fenders/Wheel wells? Thanks brother!

Charles

44" from ground to wheel well front and rear. The rear Deavers took a little while to break in and settle, so they did sit at 45" after instal. Truck sits 82" from roof peak to ground. This is with 35" Tires.

Notneb

Reaction score
Never had that issue. Butn I jumped to the steel braided lines and ditched the factory lines. Didn't want to take a chance romping it in the desert lol.

Yeah I'm getting steel braideds after the move, for the same reason.

Notneb

Reaction score
Ok so update on Project: Abuse the Fox 2.0's!!!

Took her out last weekend and just beat the living hell out of the suspension. Found some just terrible forest service roads that looked like the last time they'd been maintained was... never. Got her up to about 50mph and took some ruts, potholes, washboard, and run off ditches, and basically found the limits of the little 2.0's

Conclusion: Just as I knew, and we all knew, that the Fox 2.0's are a great shock for asphalt warriors who's definition of off roading is that little dirt parking lot by the local DQ, but for any serious speeds on questionable road surface, they'll find their limits quick. All sarcasm aside, they're great shocks, I really was impressed at how far I could push the set up! Had a blast leaving my buddy in the dust, with his crappy 6" rough country... He loved talking sh*t on my "little baby lift kit" until I was waiting for him on the side of the road 10 minutes having a snack while he caught up.

Still, they handled what I threw at them rather well, considering it's an 8000lbs truck! I will be looking into AT LEAST 2.5 Pintops, but lets be real here, why half ass something when you should whole ass it. This truck is going to be my desert truck until Ford comes to it's senses and puts a damn v8 back in the new Raptor's... so it looks like King 3.0's are in my future. I posted a thread up in the Suspension section about anyone running a Dominator setup, and how well it does in the desert.

Jomax

Reaction score
Ok so update on Project: Abuse the Fox 2.0's!!!

Took her out last weekend and just beat the living hell out of the suspension. Found some just terrible forest service roads that looked like the last time they'd been maintained was... never. Got her up to about 50mph and took some ruts, potholes, washboard, and run off ditches, and basically found the limits of the little 2.0's

Conclusion: Just as I knew, and we all knew, that the Fox 2.0's are a great shock for asphalt warriors who's definition of off roading is that little dirt parking lot by the local DQ, but for any serious speeds on questionable road surface, they'll find their limits quick. All sarcasm aside, they're great shocks, I really was impressed at how far I could push the set up! Had a blast leaving my buddy in the dust, with his crappy 6" rough country... He loved talking sh*t on my "little baby lift kit" until I was waiting for him on the side of the road 10 minutes having a snack while he caught up.

Still, they handled what I threw at them rather well, considering it's an 8000lbs truck! I will be looking into AT LEAST 2.5 Pintops, but lets be real here, why half ass something when you should whole ass it. This truck is going to be my desert truck until Ford comes to it's senses and puts a damn v8 back in the new Raptor's... so it looks like King 3.0's are in my future. I posted a thread up in the Suspension section about anyone running a Dominator setup, and how well it does in the desert.

The dominator setup does amazing.... I have more bottom out resistance with the bypasses. But, that kit is about all you want before you start needing a cage.

A dominator setup truck will kill a stock raptor offroad.

Notneb

Reaction score
Not ashamed to say that that last part gives me a woody... Dominator it is!

Jomax

Reaction score
Not ashamed to say that that last part gives me a woody... Dominator it is!

Its the dominator or the Coilover bypass to beat a raptor. Coilover just looks cooler. Plus I got a Smokin deal. Coilover handles better aswell on the street.,

Notneb

Reaction score
Know anyone in your area with a Dominator, so I can get a ride in both?

Jomax

Reaction score
Know anyone in your area with a Dominator, so I can get a ride in both?

Yup. We'll make a trail run. And you can see how both are.

This is him lol

Screenshot_2015-04-29-07-32-58.png

Hopefully I'll have my coilover kit on my old 7.3 by then. Moving this kit on the old truck for a dedicated offroad rig. Getting a pintop on my 2015.

Abusing this truck too much. Bent the front axle a bit, camber kit fixed it. But if i bend it anymore, it needs to come out and get straightened. So no more romping on it till I either truss it or move this kit on the older truck.

Notneb

Reaction score
Now that... Is a badass pic! Can't wait! How's the 7.3 vs the 6.7 in weight? Pretty sure my 02 7.3 was a few hundred lighter than both my 6.7's, just curious if it's enough to make a big difference in that style of off-roading...

Jomax

Reaction score
Now that... Is a badass pic! Can't wait! How's the 7.3 vs the 6.7 in weight? Pretty sure my 02 7.3 was a few hundred lighter than both my 6.7's, just curious if it's enough to make a big difference in that style of off-roading...

Don't know if it will make a crazy difference. This kit I have was on a 2005 6.0, which was tuned perfectly for a 2005 6.0, so it still needs fine tuning for my truck.

Notneb

Reaction score
Guys are making me want to drop my lift down and do some crazy **** hahah

Nothing more fun than blasting through the desert at 50+mph in a truck!!! The whole reason I went with just a 2.5 lift this time, was so that I could do just that. Just do like Jomax is doing and build a play truck!

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Well the new house is almost done, getting a new wakeboat and a pair of 2015 seadoos. Then in 2yrs when trucks paid off I'm buying a C7 Z06. So a play truck would have to wait lol

Notneb

Reaction score
Well the new house is almost done, getting a new wakeboat and a pair of 2015 seadoos. Then in 2yrs when trucks paid off I'm buying a C7 Z06. So a play truck would have to wait lol

I just sold my Viper, and I'll tell you this: the C7 Z06 is not worth the money. 3 laps around a track and my buddy's Z was pulling timing while I continued to dominate. You should look into a Gen 5 Viper, same price, better reliability.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
No ****? My buddies new Z has been tearing it up. He did do some aftermarket cooling though.

I love the new vipers though, I've had my eyes on one for awhile especially after the price drop

Latest posts

Members online