DTC P174E? (6.4)

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
6.4 custom tuning on the X4 is relatively new. There are going to be teething issues.

anybody want to buy a $700 XRT PRO street? :p

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I'll be sure to do it. Have you contacted GH directly about the code?

This truck is relatively new to me and I'm just starting to play with it, so I'm not sure how to tell this yet.

Yes, X4 7015.

I will contact Matt directly if my internet searches prove useless, but I wanted to put in my effort first.

I'll be sure to do it. Have you contacted GH directly about the code?

No not yet

This truck is relatively new to me and I'm just starting to play with it, so I'm not sure how to tell this yet.

Yes, X4 7015.

Look at your build date on you door jamb sticker.

I will contact Matt directly if my internet searches prove useless, but I wanted to put in my effort first.

Let me know what Matt says about the code. Thanks

6literdiesel

Reaction score
I just spoke to GH. They said that the code comes from them rolling the strategy back in their tune. Stock your TCM and ABS module both have the most current flash, but when they wrote the tune they chose the strategy with the least oil dilution problems. With the tune loaded the PCM is picking up on the ABS module and TCM module not matching and it throws the code.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I just spoke to GH. They said that the code comes from them rolling the strategy back in their tune. Stock your TCM and ABS module both have the most current flash, but when they wrote the tune they chose the strategy with the least oil dilution problems. With the tune loaded the PCM is picking up on the ABS module and TCM module not matching and it throws the code.

So it won't cause any problems?

6literdiesel

Reaction score
So it won't cause any problems?

Not according to them. It's a soft code with no CEL and that's the extent of it.

if you have a check engine light on, that's a problem in my book :eek:

I agree it's a nuisance, but I don't think it's anything more than that. If they're correct in their assessment I don't look at it any different then the EGR codes I used to get on my 6.0. They tune kept the CEL away and prevented any driving issues, but the code was still there when I pulled the DTC.

I wonder if this code will cause shifting or that high idle problem I have LOL.

Give them a call and ask. My truck has been having a weird 2-3 shift that I thought might be related to this code, but the shifting issue went away yesterday. I suppose it was still just learning my driving style.

Maverikx

Reaction score
6.4 P174E code

Sorry to resurrect an older thread but theres not too much info out there on this. did any of you guys solve this code?
I just finished my 2008 f350 project. cab off, studs, single setup, new built trans, new fuel pumps etc. I getting 3 codes
P2701
P0756
P174E

The truck does not shift into 2nd or 5th. Due to the first 2 codes. Im wondering if the 174E code is causing this. I just installed GH tunes.