Independent Injector Comparison

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
So.. the questions on nozzles are getting thrown around constantly.

I for one, would like to see a flow benched comparison of a set of say..

175/75%'s to a set of 175/stock%'s.. and see what the big difference is.

Does a 175cc with a factory nozzle REALLY flow 175cc? Or is this merely a claim based on injector displacement.

Well.. We are doing the test today.

2 injectors build side by side.

COMPLETELY Identical, EXCEPT for one having a stock nozzle, one having a 75% nozzle.

Whats your predictions guys? There will be videos to follow later today!

Tyler is hard at work.. Lets put this myth to rest.

Jared @ River City Diesel.

Last edited by a moderator:

strokin6L

Reaction score
very interesting Jared...i like to hear the results. If i had to guess....i'd say the 175/75%'s would flow more. For obvious reason being the larger nozzle...just makes sense to me.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I believe a true 175cc injector will flow 175cc's of fuel regardless if the nozzle is stock, 75%, or whatever, provided that the injector pulse width is large enough (i.e. injector left open long enough or enough timing) to actually flow the 175ccs.

Will a 175/75 injector flow more than a 175/stock injector at the same pulse width?? Absolutely it will. JMO.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
I believe a true 175cc injector will flow 175cc's of fuel regardless if the nozzle is stock, 75%, or whatever, provided that the injector pulse width is large enough (i.e. injector left open long enough or enough timing) to actually flow the 175ccs.

Will a 175/75 injector flow more than a 175/stock injector at the same pulse width?? Absolutely it will. JMO.

There's the problem right there with a stock nozzled injector of any given size. At that point your cylinder pressures wouild get out of hand quickly, and then head gaskets are opional right?

windrunner408

Reaction score
I agree totally. But the question was which will flow more?? And that was it. It wasnt which will flow more at a given pulse width, etc, etc.

I dont think anyone will argue that a 175/75 will flow more than a 175/stock keeping everything else equal.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
I agree totally. But the question was which will flow more?? And that was it. It wasnt which will flow more at a given pulse width, etc, etc.

I dont think anyone will argue that a 175/75 will flow more than a 175/stock keeping everything else equal.
Correct. I am also curious to see what the flow results will be myself. May make those 175's become 150's, but we'll find out. Jared, hurry up. This anticipation sucks......

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
of course its gonna flow More... the question is will a 175cc injector stock nozzle flow 175ccs.....

i say probably not. probably closer to 155-165. However the limiting factor would be the nozzle, not the displacement. IMO a 175 stock nozzle would have room to grow with larger nozzles, vs a 155 75-100 not having easy room to grow with larger nozzles, having the limiting factor being the displacement

Last edited:

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
anyone can. just using an example and referring back to shawns post. very excited to see results man come on with the results!

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
So.. Other vendors chime in please..

When your customers call you to order injectors, do you sell them a set of true 175cc's, or "have potential to become" true 175cc's.

At River City Diesel, we pride ourselves in selling an injector that flows what it's marketed as.

That's the problem with injectors, I don't wanna see maybes and ifs, ands, or buts, I want stone cold facts.

Are we at a general consensus?

strokin6L

Reaction score
When i got my Casserly 190's back in december of '08 there wasn't any talk about what injector builders were puttin on them for nozzle sizes. Then all of a sudden a year or so ago i see everyone labeling there injectors with a nozzle size. I contacted Casserly thinking my 190's were 100% nozzles. But he told me that he started using the newer style nozzles at the begining of '08 and that my 190's should have the newer style nozzles. Even tho they are the newer style nozzles Ryan told me that they are equivelent to a 75% nozzle. I'd still be interested to know what my 190's really flowed right now tho.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
So.. Other vendors chime in please..

When your customers call you to order injectors, do you sell them a set of true 175cc's, or "have potential to become" true 175cc's.

At River City Diesel, we pride ourselves in selling an injector that flows what it's marketed as.

That's the problem with injectors, I don't wanna see maybes and ifs, ands, or buts, I want stone cold facts.

Are we at a general consensus?

I sell your 175/100's and tell my customer they will flow 175, and give them the flow charrt. :gun:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
When i got my Casserly 190's back in december of '08 there wasn't any talk about what injector builders were puttin on them for nozzle sizes. Then all of a sudden a year or so ago i see everyone labeling there injectors with a nozzle size. I contacted Casserly thinking my 190's were 100% nozzles. But he told me that he started using the newer style nozzles at the begining of '08 and that my 190's should have the newer style nozzles. Even tho they are the newer style nozzles Ryan told me that they are equivelent to a 75% nozzle. I'd still be interested to know what my 190's really flowed right now tho.

Chris, send them to me. You have a pm coming your way with the deal of a lifetime.. Lol

Sully

Reaction score
Why worry about room to grow is my question,who changes their own nozzles?they have to go back to the builder at that point anyways.the real focus in the test should be fuel available under usable pulse width.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Why worry about room to grow is my question,who changes their own nozzles?they have to go back to the builder at that point anyways.the real focus in the test should be fuel available under usable pulse width.

because it's the cost

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
That should be noted then. When I have a customer calling me about a set of "######" diesel injectors that are 175cc's and wondering why they are cheaper than mine, it frustrates me because its comparing apples to oranges.

Latest posts

Members online