Absolute Infinity Coolant Filter Installed

imelmo

Reaction score
Got my Absolute Infinity coolant filter installed. :D Mine is the fist one I belive. Very solid piece and everything fit just fine other than having to trim one hose due to it not wanting to make a bend where I needed, but I believe he is switching to silicone hoses to address that. I like that it has one piece tee's (it's 3/4" into and out of the coolant filter head) instead of a 3/8" fitting spliced or siliconed into a cut 3/4 tee like most others.

I believe he is going to add a design or something to the top of the head also, but I told him just to leave mine plain. I'm gonna put a decal of some kind on it.

For people with an egr delete or intake manifold he also reroutes the coolant out of the oil cooler in a MUCH better way. Not only did it put my deltas back in check, they are a couple degrees lower than stock even was.

null_zpsc6502457.jpg

null_zps749cf281.jpg

null_zps9545a296.jpg

null_zps7feeb589.jpg

Last edited:

imelmo

Reaction score
You'd have to get with Steve on final pricing. I was the guinea pig.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Looks good.

Is there a reason why it is tied into that line for the return, and not up top, tee'd in with the rad? (The little hose that goes from the drivers top of the rad to the coolant bottle.)

I'm curious, as I would like to re install mine again too.

imelmo

Reaction score
Looks good.

Is there a reason why it is tied into that line for the return, and not up top, tee'd in with the rad? (The little hose that goes from the drivers top of the rad to the coolant bottle.)

I'm guessing just so it's a straight 3/4" run all the way, no reducers or spliced fittings or anything like that.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Looks good! How much?

I'm gonna have Danny put some driving time on the kit to make sure there is nothing that we missed. As soon as he gives me the all clear, then I'll be ready for market and pricing release will follow immediately after.

Looks good.

Thanks Ivan!

Like Danny said, the feed and return lines are all 3/4''. I went larger to make the coolant filter effective. I wanted something that would actually do the job it was intended too. Having 3/4" lines on my kit made it necessary to use a 3/4" feed and return on the truck, which after some researching we found. I didn't want to choke it down to 3/8'' like the other kits. It would have taken away from the kits effectiveness, IMO. Plus having the lines tie in out of sight also added a bit of cleanliness to the kit. Nothing I hated more than seeing guys with money spent in underhood mods having to settle for a mess of hose clamps and cheesy fittings in clear sight, with other filter kits.

SootRoller

Reaction score
Damn. If it is anything like my delete kit from steve it is top notch. Shoot me a pm when you get pricing together steve, I'll give my filter kit I have now to my dad. I hate popping my hood and seeing that mess.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Thanks Scotty 2!! 6.4 kit is just about finished. It's gonna be nice. No spliced lines will be necessary on that one ;)

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Looks good except no ball valves to help with changing the filter and not making a mess. Did you not think to add them or do you think that the 1/4 turn valve was to much of a "restriction"

Members online

No members online now.