Holy Hell...Communication failure

Nic

Reaction score
Well, I got the truck out of the shop finally and going. Loaded up IDP X-Street and this thing will do at a quarter throttle what my 6.0 ever could at WOT. The throttle is so touchy its crazy. Anything over a quarter throttle just slightly getting in it and shes sideways! Anyone else have this issue? LOL

I also have the high idle thing going on and from what I read, it's because of the EGT sensors (rear sensor mainly?) not being plugged in and being tuned with a LW? Anyone else had communication failure codes? IDS wont read it, and the Live wire will program it ok, and see the gauges ok, but the EDGE CTS will not. Its really weird. Im guessing some sort of bad com between the OBD and the PCM? I tuned it before I left the shop and it acted funny. The turbos would kick on and off and then it tried to go into regen mode and I was like WTF. I know I just tuned this truck so why would that happen? It also threw a CEL for a throttle plate and I don't have one. Aaron told me it may be the older Live Wire that needs it to be plugged in, but every since I loaded the custom tune it hasn't thrown the throttle plate code or tried to go into regen, the turbos seem to act ok, but EGTs seem a little high. just getting up to speed and im in the 800s. Is this normal? Cruising about 5-600. Maybe one of the turbos isnt kicking on? I also thought the 59/71 would be louder than stock but they really arent. Doesnt seem to make enough noise to me, like something isnt working right.

Last edited:

6.4strokin

Reaction score
Just plug in ur sensors to their electrical connectors and tie them up somewhere underneath ur truck. They don't have to go in ur exhaust just plug them in and tie them up. I'm not sure about the mis communication codes tho I have heard some people have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

B585Ford

Reaction score
Agreed, it doesn't sound like you have an EGT issue. Sounds like the tune you are running is heavily fueled down low and that your throttle position for the tune is high (in other words, 1/4 throttle is basically WOT).

WoodBoy

Reaction score
When you talk about the CEL for a throttle plate?, were you running canned tunes with a egr elbow delete?

Nic

Reaction score
When you talk about the CEL for a throttle plate?, were you running canned tunes with a egr elbow delete?

Yes at the time I was. It was tuned before that and didn't throw a code, but it only got drove like 3 times too. I guess I'm going to try gearhead. This tune is too nasty down low. Quarter throttle and I'm drifting without trying. Hitting bumps is making the truck jump because its so touchy. What tune should I get from gearhead? I don't want anything that powerful. IDP said that was a 540 rwhp tune. That's too much. I was looking for a tune that lands about 475ish. I might be pulling a horse trailer with a couple in it. Not ready to drop the tranny yet.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
Yes at the time I was. It was tuned before that and didn't throw a code, but it only got drove like 3 times too. I guess I'm going to try gearhead. This tune is too nasty down low. Quarter throttle and I'm drifting without trying. Hitting bumps is making the truck jump because its so touchy. What tune should I get from gearhead?

Race.

its gentle enough for dd and gets good mileage. power is there when you want it.

Nic

Reaction score
Good thing is, it really doesn't smoke. I was happy about that. A little off the line but cleans up super quick. Just too gritty of a tune.

Nic

Reaction score
Race.

its gentle enough for dd and gets good mileage. power is there when you want it.

Yes but if I stab it, I'm not sure if the trans will make it that long. I'm not sure what power level I would be at with the 59/71 either

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Since you already have Innovative tunes why don't you ask Eric to modify the tune and make it more manageable for you. Either that or put your man pants on and learn to live with all that powa. The 71 will scare you, don't do it.

Nic

Reaction score
I'm baby power compared to you Erik, but coming from just a tuned 6.0 to this is like fuggin NASCAR for me LOL. It definitely has to be adjusted. Feels like my Commander in Sport mode on rough trails.

strokinpower

Reaction score
I got 71/59's around Christmas and you are right they don't make much more noise. I put a no limit air intake on and you can hear a lot more turbo noise now. Not really whistle but those things are moving some air!

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I'm baby power compared to you Erik, but coming from just a tuned 6.0 to this is like fuggin NASCAR for me LOL. It definitely has to be adjusted. Feels like my Commander in Sport mode on rough trails.

LOL I know what you mean. I felt the same way when I first tuned mine, coming from a gasser.

johnp115

Reaction score

Coming from a tuned 6.0 i also was in for a surprise... I almost went into a guardrail on my test drive and i wasn't even getting on it LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.