my modest single turbo build

getstroked27

Reaction score
Alright guys, heres my official build thread. it has been a bit of a nightmare between waiting on parts and being too busy at the shop to work on it, but it should be done by next weekend (SHOULD BE). parts im using:

Pusher Intakes Cold side IC pipe and intake elbow
elite diesel JR. ported intake manifold and HD uppipes
A1 tech H-11 headstuds and OE gaskets
H&S Motorsports single turbo kit (its freakin awesome)
Turbosmart Big Bubba BOV and controller
BW Airwerks edition s366 with an undivied .88 exhaust housing
XRT PRO with PPEI MCC tunes (Kory is the ****)

all the random stuff i had to do:
all new valve guides, 5 angle valve job and cut seats, all new seals, decked .010
new rear shocks- Bilstein 5160 remote res because my 6 month old fabtechs were cracked on the body..... stupid.
new fabtech dual steering stabilizer because old procomp setup was well, old.
sanded/painted my frame, axles, and driveshafts.
had my flight fab traction bars, radius arms, and compressor housing powdercoated Elektro purple. had my hot side IC pipe and valve covers matched to the pusher green cold side/elbow.
fabbing my 4" AL intake whenever i get a chance, same with the BOV install. the only flabge i can get is AL so im going to have to figure out where i can fab that in.

im sure imi missing something. yeah im running stock fuel and a stock trans. it was out of my budget so i figured ill just save back up for next winter maybe. tuning will be kept mild so i dont murder the 5R. pretty excited to get it all back together and see how awesome the H&S kit is!! heres a few pics of some of it.

Attachments

• pusher.jpg
    pusher.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 229
  • turbosmart.jpg
    turbosmart.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 210
  • engina1.jpg
    engina1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 227
  • framejob.jpg
    framejob.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 217
  • datpurp.jpg
    datpurp.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 238

getstroked27

Reaction score
dont mind the track bar misalignment. took the pic before my radius arms were on and the axle was rolled way forward and twisted from having to move the chassis sideways.

Attachments

• axle.jpg
    axle.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 169
  • flightfab.jpg
    flightfab.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 175
  • framejob.jpg
    framejob.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 176
  • turboon.jpg
    turboon.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 174
  • procomp.jpg
    procomp.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 181

getstroked27

Reaction score
heres a few of the pedestal. Zane did a top notch job as usual and him and chandler have been nothing short of a dream to work with on this. huge props to those guys!!!!

Attachments

• hsmotorsports.jpg
    hsmotorsports.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 179
  • pedestal2.jpg
    pedestal2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 175
  • pedestal1.jpg
    pedestal1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 175

Cknox121

Reaction score
Sub'd. Interested how your choice of turbo does.

Any reason of going with it vs. h&s custom turbo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getstroked27

Reaction score
their charger was mighty pricey, and i had purchased this one about a month before anyone knew about their kit. i actually had to swap out my .91 divided housing on it. im hoping it does good.

Kedstrokin

Reaction score
Alright guys, heres my official build thread. it has been a bit of a nightmare between waiting on parts and being too busy at the shop to work on it, but it should be done by next weekend (SHOULD BE). parts im using:

Pusher Intakes Cold side IC pipe and intake elbow
elite diesel JR. ported intake manifold and HD uppipes
A1 tech H-11 headstuds and OE gaskets
H&S Motorsports single turbo kit (its freakin awesome)
Turbosmart Big Bubba BOV and controller
BW Airwerks edition s366 with an undivied .88 exhaust housing
XRT PRO with PPEI MCC tunes (Kory is the ****)

all the random stuff i had to do:
all new valve guides, 5 angle valve job and cut seats, all new seals, decked .010
new rear shocks- Bilstein 5160 remote res because my 6 month old fabtechs were cracked on the body..... stupid.
new fabtech dual steering stabilizer because old procomp setup was well, old.
sanded/painted my frame, axles, and driveshafts.
had my flight fab traction bars, radius arms, and compressor housing powdercoated Elektro purple. had my hot side IC pipe and valve covers matched to the pusher green cold side/elbow.
fabbing my 4" AL intake whenever i get a chance, same with the BOV install. the only flabge i can get is AL so im going to have to figure out where i can fab that in.

im sure imi missing something. yeah im running stock fuel and a stock trans. it was out of my budget so i figured ill just save back up for next winter maybe. tuning will be kept mild so i dont murder the 5R. pretty excited to get it all back together and see how awesome the H&S kit is!! heres a few pics of some of it.
How do you like the pusher cold pipe? I was interested in those myself.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I missed this the first time, but it looks good. What are you planning to do on the tuning side of things?

getstroked27

Reaction score
sorry guys been busy. truck has been on the road for two weeks. stupid issues like minor oil leaks and such crippled me for a while but its going good now. i used PPEI MCC tuning, Kory has the single 6.4 tuning pretty much man handled. havent had it on a dyno yet, its currently waiting on me to weld up my BOV flange and intake, plus it yet again has a leak. so yeah. i like it. its not very laggy, its streetable, has a strong top end, and sounds retarded good. kind of like a pissed off 6.0. ill have vids once its all done

getstroked27

Reaction score
hahahaha adam look on my FB profile and in IDM, theres a few there. and yeah im not welding anymore, ive spent more time in the shop than up here on a computer. its a welcome change.

getstroked27

Reaction score
ran on dans diesel "reality check" dyno late last night. not boosting right. no bueno only put down 522/965 at 25 PSI. we determined a box borg warner is not the proper charger for my setup, im between a custom built 66mm from engineered diesel or a custom order 6766 precision, both about the same price give or take a couple hunnit dollas. who has input on this?

Latest posts

Members online