my modest single turbo build

getstroked27

Reaction score
Oh I feel yah dude no biggie. Paint/powder/ wheels/tires and such are now taking over my budget. Got three weeks to do a minor makeover for the dub show. Intakes are the least of my worries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh I feel yah dude no biggie. Paint/powder/ wheels/tires and such are now taking over my budget. Got three weeks to do a minor makeover for the dub show. Intakes are the least of my worries

no worries! just offering an option. looks great !

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Why? No offense to mike, I know his stuff is great, but a 4" AL intake is a 4" AL intake. My filter draws from the inner fender, has a perfect 90 into the charger. Just gotta weld in my MAF sensor bung.

Please expand. You have the filter that , at best , will destroy that turbo. My intake isn't 4" , nor is it aluminum , my filter is about 3 times the size of yours , and it doesn't need to be pulled at the track like a smart person should. LOL just know , you have to own everything you say , no matter where you say it. Please don't ever compare that thing to mine because it doesn't.

Last edited:

getstroked27

Reaction score
Mike I know exactly what your talking about. I didn't, other than the price. All I said is for 125 bucks with my AFE filter it does a very good job, and that I do pull it when I push my truck because that's proven flow improvement over any intake and when you race a truck as big as mine you need any advantage you can get. Never talked down about you or your product, your nut swingers just get upset when someone doesn't run your product.

sootie

Reaction score
Mike I know exactly what your talking about. I didn't, other than the price. All I said is for 125 bucks with my AFE filter it does a very good job, and that I do pull it when I push my truck because that's proven flow improvement over any intake and when you race a truck as big as mine you need any advantage you can get. Never talked down about you or your product, your nut swingers just get upset when someone doesn't run your product.

wow.

did you ever stop to think that the so-called "nut swinger's" may have a reason for suggesting what they do? dont trip trying to look past the end of your nose...

getstroked27

Reaction score
Yeah, on stock or aftermarket drop in chargers I have no doubt a no limit is the best. But on a single, every setup is different, you have to accommodate. Let's look what makes his intake special, since we all think I'm talking **** about it. It had a short straight reducer from 5" to 4", and a 90 degree reducer from 4" to 3", a MAF bung and a filter minder bung. Now look at mine. I have a straight 4" intake. No airflow changes with reducers and such (not that it makes a big difference.) I draw from the location where the stock or any aftermarket intake draws from, the inner fender. I have a MAF bung. No filter minder though. That's the comparison. My intake works good for my truck with my driving style. It's cheap. Shiny. And has a sticker. Did I talk bad about mikes intake? No. I never have. As a matter of fact there's multiple threads here with me telling people his parts are worth every penny. So there you have it. I can see far past the end of my nose. Even if I'm cross eyed.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
What's so special about your single turbo that mikes intake doesent work? I've got a s367 making 50 psi using mikes intake and the filter minder never moves? I honestly don't care what you run for a intake, but it's just food for thought.

If using mikes parts on my truck because they work awesome makes me a nut swinger.... Then call me George of the jungle because I'm swinging from those bitches all day LOL

RedRice589

Reaction score
What's so special about your single turbo that mikes intake doesent work? I've got a s367 making 50 psi using mikes intake and the filter minder never moves? I honestly don't care what you run for a intake, but it's just food for thought.

If using mikes parts on my truck because they work awesome makes me a nut swinger.... Then call me George of the jungle because I'm swinging from those bitches all day LOL

He didn't say that he said he wasn't paying for it lol

He's not cross eyed he does a have a nasty Hispanic Stache at times....

getstroked27

Reaction score
LOL HEY! Look at me when I'm talking to you! Damnit Morgan I am!!!! Bahaha yeah like Adam said, I just rather spend the money on paint and powdercoat than an intake. My trucks just a show pony with a little single.

RedRice589

Reaction score
LOL HEY! Look at me when I'm talking to you! Damnit Morgan I am!!!! Bahaha yeah like Adam said, I just rather spend the money on paint and powdercoat than an intake. My trucks just a show pony with a little single.

I know like who paints stuff silver. Crap is sooo 2007 and like really? That Stache doe....

getstroked27

Reaction score
Bahaha just wait, next step I gotta pull axles, coilovers and leaf springs. Sell them all, and do a new lift and actually get real paint on my axles not just rattle can.

getstroked27

Reaction score
LOL nahh son im good, my setup is still in decent shape. may just build my own custom lift, if business stays so good here at the shop ;)

getstroked27

Reaction score
zyhy6avu.jpg

Don't have a good video yet, waiting on photographer to finalize everything, trucks towing a 6.0 from here (northern IL) to NJ and bringing another back this weekend, so when it gets back I'll get a little back road video for y'all. Here's this for now.....

Latest posts

Members online