Php Hydra

Kae006

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the Hydra for a stock daily driver? Looking to just maximize mpg and longevity. I was going to go with a 60HP PCM flash from DP or their 6 position so I could utilize the 80 and 60hp daily tunes. Looks like the Hydra is significantly cheaper ($375) and includes the tunes I was wanting. Do you think the hydra would be effective for my goals (trannny and engine life)?

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Yes it will work great for you. I plan on picking one up as well and going with Gearhead tunes.

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

Kae006

Reaction score
If I'm running a Walker muffler and a mild 60 or 80 tune are gauges really necessary to monitor EGTs?

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Well they are always recommended when you modify a truck. You can get buy with out em but it will make you feel alot better when you know what's going on with your truck while your driving.

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

Kae006

Reaction score
Well they are always recommended when you modify a truck. You can get buy with out em but it will make you feel alot better when you know what's going on with your truck while your driving.

Since I have no real future plans of turbo or injector upgrades I would likely be fine with a single pod for egt temp then correct? Are any other gauges highly recommended to monitor health?

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
its great hardware and very easy to use.
If you need one I have plenty in stock.
$375, free shipping and free T-shirt, $25 of the proceeds go to St. Judes.

coupon code: psa10

sootie

Reaction score
Since I have no real future plans of turbo or injector upgrades I would likely be fine with a single pod for egt temp then correct? Are any other gauges highly recommended to monitor health?

fuel pressure

psduser1

Reaction score
Is the stock gauge a junker?

Junk maybe rather harsh. For comparison, isspro will sell you a "meter", not a gauge. And it's accurate, not "pretty accurate".
Depends somewhat on what you use the truck for. Reman transmissions will start at about 2500$, and go up. Isspro gauges are about 150-200$. Pretty cheap insurance.

Kae006

Reaction score
Truck will be used as a DD and some MILD towing (most would be a 22' offshore boat on rare occasions). I was trying to avoid the pillar gauges. I had them on my 5.9 and wasn't a huge fan but sounding like that is again the best option.

psduser1

Reaction score
Truck will be used as a DD and some MILD towing (most would be a 22' offshore boat on rare occasions). I was trying to avoid the pillar gauges. I had them on my 5.9 and wasn't a huge fan but sounding like that is again the best option.

A couple places offer an overhead mount, or redneck it like I did, lol. Two gauge mount by cubby under the radio.

Kae006

Reaction score
Might have to just put it off for a few months. I came to terms with spending $400 on the tunes but wasn't prepared for another $300 in gauges at the moment. Just picked up the truck Friday and I've already spent a bit of coin on it.

psduser1

Reaction score
Might have to just put it off for a few months. I came to terms with spending $400 on the tunes but wasn't prepared for another $300 in gauges at the moment. Just picked up the truck Friday and I've already spent a bit of coin on it.

If you can maintain a semblance of self-control, you'll be fine. Just keep in mind that with decent tunes, you'll be reaching the upper parameters of what stock equipment is designed for. Push it to hard enough, too long, and the repair bill will exceed the cost of fun. If you put it off long enough

Forced upgrades!

hunter scar

Reaction score
I have been running my hydra with PHP tunes for 30,000 miles! Wouldn't have it any other way

Kae006

Reaction score
Anyone of yall run or heard someone running the Walker BTM on a stock intake? I opted for it over a normal muffler delete as it should be a bit mellower which is good when chauffeuring my young kids. I'm interested to hear how it'll sound though, I just ordered it off amazon.

Latest posts

Members online