Php Hydra

Kae006

Reaction score
Gearhead is best I have run so far. Tony wildman., DP, and php in the past

For someone on a tight budget and only looking to run mild tunes (60 and 80hp daily) is there any reason you can suggest to stay away from php? Are they too rough on the transmission?

White Buffalo

Reaction score
If I'm running a Walker muffler and a mild 60 or 80 tune are gauges really necessary to monitor EGTs?

The Hydra is a great platform......wish it was out years ago. One of the great advantages of the Hydra is that you can run a combination of tunes on it from any tuner/vendor. Plus you can get your tunes e-mailed to you and loaded up in minutes compared to the old way of mailing the chip back & forth. Got one for my Excursion and will eventually get one for the pick-up.

I would recommend the gauges as others have already. In a +80 hp tune you can see 1200 degrees on the EGT gauge on a stock inj/HPOP setup when you run her hard. If you don't want to play with the hot tunes stick with the 60HP type programs or those keeping it closer to 3 on the pulse width.

Last edited:

White Buffalo

Reaction score
Almost forgot, I would strongly consider buying the extra cable for $20 that they offer with the Hydra. With that cable you can leave your chip hooked up to the PCM and never have to remove it to add tunes. Just plug your USB cable into it and reprogram the chip(Hydra) while its in the truck. So much easier and faster.......

Also, the tunes are the same - on the Hydra or 6 position chip. Just a different platform.

Latest posts

Members online