• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

6.0 KC stage 3 71mm vgt turbo and No Limit CAC piping

Gearhead2012

Reaction score
I'm selling my turbo, in lieu of going a different route with this project. This is a modified version of the 68mm Kc stage 3, to collect data on the 71mm wheel. It has the same 74x70 turbine wheel that the 68mm comes with, and for all intents and purposes it performs just like the 68, I've run both turbos. Makes the same boost, egt, back pressure, and spool up, felt and performed identical to the 68mm, though I think the 71 might be a little more efficient at higher boost levels. I ran it with 205/75's, and it seemed to be a pretty good fit, but anything in the 175-225 injector range would work pretty well in my opinion, maybe smaller if tuning was really optimized. Anyway, I kinda hate to see it go, it was a great turbo, but I'm moving to a very different non vgt setup. I'd like to get 1700 for it, shipped, but make me an offer, I'm flexible.

Also selling hot and cold side no limit CAC piping. I'll be fabricating an intake manifold and new CAC piping to go with this new phase of the project, so I won't need these any more. In my opinion the no limit cold side (which includes the intake elbow area sold by other companies) has the best flow radius available...they might maybe help throttle response over stock elbow, but At the very least they look bitchin under the hood. I paid way too much for them new, I'd like to get $450 shipped for the hot and cold side, I don't want to split them up. If you're interested in the turbo and piping I can kinda make a package deal out of it.

I can't get photobucket to work, so in the meantime, text me at 757-412-5996, I can send you pictures that way, or pm me your email. Thanks.

Gearhead2012

Reaction score
No Limit piping is sold and paid for.

Turbo still available. Make an offer if you're interested.

Gearhead2012

Reaction score
So in your honest opinion is it worth going from Charlie's 68 to his 71?

From my data logging, both turbos performed nearly identically. I think with a larger turbine wheel (which would require substantial -expensive- modifications to the vanes/housing) the 71mm wheel would definitely outperform the 68, but I think because they use the same turbine wheel they seem to perform nearly identical. I do think the 71 wheel is a little more efficient at higher pressure ratios/boost levels. I made 40-45+ psi depending on tune with both the 68 and the 71 wheels. With maybe 175...definitely 190-225 injectors on a heathy truck, it should support over 600 hp to the wheels. Both the 68 and 71 wheels seemed to have the same 'spool' up feel, which is subjective, but there was no noticeable increase in lag time. Cruising egt and wot egt's were very similar, within 100*. I don't know that I would advertise this as seriously outperforming the 68, but rather as an affordable way to jump into a stage 3, the extra few millimeters are good for bragging rights if nothing else, maybe a few more hp at high boost/high RPM.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
came across your add in craigslist, im in Norfolk also... Turbo still for available and is ur number 5995 or 5996

Gearhead2012

Reaction score
Already have a 68.5... Don't know if it's worth trying to get more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's always worth trying to get more!! :rockon:

What size injectors do you have? With smallish injectors (155-175) there probably wouldn't be an gains to speak of, because the 68 turbo you have would already move enough air to burn all the fuel those injectors could supply...if you had larger, say 190-225's you could potentially make more power at higher boost levels, where the larger wheel would be more efficient. In my opinion, the advantage of the 71 was that it spooled just as fast as the 68, had the same cruising egt's and so on, so it appears to be moving the same amount of air down low, but I think with enough fuel, there's also gains to be had at higher rpm.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Right now I have 190/100 full force, BTS 5R and other supporting mods with an MTW Stage 3... Max boost is 32psi...

Gearhead2012

Reaction score
Yeah with full force 190/100's, you'd possibly see some gains at higher boost levels. Full force 190's are 'real' 190's...plus with the 100 nozzles you'd have more top end power than people with 190/30's or 190/75's.

With my 205/75's I would see 40-44 psi rolling into it with the torque converter locked, depending on tune. I'd see 40 psi with the 68mm Kc, but the 71mm wheel would should be more efficient (cooler discharge temp, more dense air) at the higher boost levels than the 68 was - plus it's a 6x6 dual plane wheel, opposed the the 11 blade single plane wheel my 68 had.

Edit:

Cool video, whats your peak egt's?

Last edited:

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Well wasn't really going for cool just wanted to get a look without getting in a wreck on 64. There's already enough of those. Well when it comes to egts I'm kinda boned because my water meth controller **** the bed a I don't have the wire needed to make egts come up on my livewire ts.

Gearhead2012

Reaction score
Gotcha. I'd recommend a dedicated mechanical pyrometer. I have the Livewire TS also, the egt values jump around a lot, in like 50-100* swings each way, it was pretty accurate for like peak numbers, but wasn't very easy to read to get an idea of like cruising temp because it bounced all around. I went with a auto meter pyro and am much happier reading that.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Think I'm just gonna stay where I'm at for now and run this one till it blows up. Like you im debating well you arnt but I am about eventually moving into the non vgt world.

Gearhead2012

Reaction score
Here's some pictures finally:
0AB3724F-C452-46A3-9673-924AD47F3656_zpsjhcyfack.jpg

207B7FFC-208B-444E-8E23-D065B2A224E6_zpsdvo1auya.jpg

630F1C63-B120-4D4D-92F2-9B139936AEC0_zps8alvll8z.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.