01 7.3 water when draiined oil pan

StandAlone

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am currently rebuilding my turbo and fuel bowl along with some other things so my truck has been idle for a while. I was needing to do an oil change while I was down so I drained my oil last weekend and last night I went to install my new fumuto drain plug and when I removed the drain plug from the oil pan water started coming out.

Upon investigating I found that one of the shop towels I had stuffed in the drivers side intake plenum to keep crap out was damp but the pass side was dry as well as the collector for the turbo. I am getting ready this weekend to replace the oil filter and put new oil in it but I am wanting to know if having had this water in my truck will cause me any issues??

Any help/insight will be greatly appreciated. Im hoping I didn't just screw the pooch on this one and now my engine will be toast. Thanks.

StandAlone

Reaction score
a few ounces roughly...then their was a lil oil behind it. Its been really humid in OK lately as well as we did get some rain and I just think that's how it ran down into the engine since the hood has been popped as well.

Latest posts

Members online