01 ccsb build

Tmcclaugherty

Reaction score
I'm new to the diesel world and I purchased and 01 7.3 ccsb not too long ago and wanted to start building it.

for starters it has a afe stage 2 intake, 4 in mbrp exhaust, ts 6 chip with evil diesel custom tuning, and a heavy duty trans, converter and cooler

I would just like to get some opinions on the best way to build a somewhat fast truck, as it's not my dailydriver.I'd like for it to put down like 600-650hp lemme know what y'all think

nyhapamy.jpg
uny4yjuq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
300/200s and a s468 has seemed to be a fun/quick setup without going over board while still being very streetable. If I was wanting something that wasn't a competition level truck that's what I'd go with.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Good looking truck.

Like was posted, probably be good to determine forged vs. pmr, and then set your power goals.
http://dieselinnovations.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=1524

A good regulated return fuel system, with a 20 micron or so pre pump filter/water seperator, and then a 5 micron filter post pump, would be a good addition to any truck. Here's a good start to building your own fuel system.

Bruce's 300/200s injectors would be a good fit for a forged rod motor, and are built by a real popular builder here on PSA.

There's a couple of TS chips in the classifieds already that you'd need to run those injs....but you'd need to get the PCM code DPC-4xx and XXX# off the PCM to ensure the tuning that came with those chips would work for you.

HPOP for a 200% nozzle...that's an open point right now. The only single pump that can support the 200% nozzle is getting beat up pretty hard right now (SRP1)...so you might look at a Gen3 or one of the dual pump setups...or just run a healthy single pump and know that in big PW tunes, you're not going to see the full potential of the injs.

There's a good deal on a S468 and TN up pipes/pedastal right now too.

All those parts ought to get you close to where you need to be with a good compression engine.

Head studs/pushrods/valve springs should be part of that at that power level.....and eventually the trans/clutch will need to be addressed too.

Hope that helps.

03ranger30

Reaction score
You should start by trading me your wheels and tires.....:drool:

Good looking truck though! Looking forward to what you do with it.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Good looking truck.

Like was posted, probably be good to determine forged vs. pmr, and then set your power goals.
http://dieselinnovations.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=1524

A good regulated return fuel system, with a 20 micron or so pre pump filter/water seperator, and then a 5 micron filter post pump, would be a good addition to any truck. Here's a good start to building your own fuel system.

Bruce's 300/200s injectors would be a good fit for a forged rod motor, and are built by a real popular builder here on PSA.

There's a couple of TS chips in the classifieds already that you'd need to run those injs....but you'd need to get the PCM code DPC-4xx and XXX# off the PCM to ensure the tuning that came with those chips would work for you.

HPOP for a 200% nozzle...that's an open point right now. The only single pump that can support the 200% nozzle is getting beat up pretty hard right now (SRP1)...so you might look at a Gen3 or one of the dual pump setups...or just run a healthy single pump and know that in big PW tunes, you're not going to see the full potential of the injs.

There's a good deal on a S468 and TN up pipes/pedastal right now too.

All those parts ought to get you close to where you need to be with a good compression engine.

Head studs/pushrods/valve springs should be part of that at that power level.....and eventually the trans/clutch will need to be addressed too.

Hope that helps.

I wouldn't suggest a Gen 3 for a DD street vehicle. They are great pumps for race applications but can be a bit much for the street.
I would suggest Dual Termies or Dual BTS pumps for 300/200's.

Reaction score
^^whs tuning is the key with that setup.
Gen 3 daily drives just fine no negatives as long as its ran with a stock HPOP

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Tmcclaugherty

Reaction score
Sorry it's been some time but I've started getting some parts in because my fuel pump took a **** on me so I thought it would be a good idea to to start going bigger.
I ordered a fass 200gph lift pump and a sinister diesel sump kit for a little more flow🙈
Also I have a set of 250/200s coming from full force that I purchased from a member, here's a couple pictures I'll have more as more comes in, suggestions, comments, everything's welcome on what else y'all think I should get coming next and next step to the build 😏
3a8ypa3e.jpg
unaryde2.jpg

TyCorr

Reaction score
It has ran 250/200s according to Jay. He said it doesnt hold commanded icp in big tunes but said the other single pumps didnt either.

I would probably get the gen 3 or twin terms if you wish.

TyCorr

Reaction score
cant believe that everyone is letting the gay ass sootlife sticker go unnoticed....

live life full throttle

I couldn't read it. I thought it said saltlife but didnt look right with how I remember those stickers looking. Some jagbag had one at napa the other day. I asked him what ocean hes attached to 'round here. No answer.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
I couldn't read it. I thought it said saltlife but didnt look right with how I remember those stickers looking. Some jagbag had one at napa the other day. I asked him what ocean hes attached to 'round here. No answer.
I live in western NC and I see those saltlife stickers everywhere!

swinky

Reaction score
Try living in Eastern nc. People go to the beach once a week and think they're salty. I spend 200 days a year sleeping on a damn boat and wouldn't be caught dead with that sticker

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

79jasper

Reaction score
Ha, I see those stickers all the time, here in Oklahoma. Lol
Most comon seen on Toyota fj's.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online