01 tow rig and dd injectors

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Go with 160/30's with a 38R or 175/80'2 with a T4 mount and a Bell turbo.
why go with a t4 if only going to that small of an injector? 38r is a good drop in that i wouldn't be afraid to run with 250/200s or 300/200s both with live custom tunes of course.

live life full throttle

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Go with 160/30's with a 38R or 175/80'2 with a T4 mount and a Bell turbo.

This ^^^^^^^ see sig below

Because I HATE pedestal mount turbos! I think they were a mistake from the word go. My friend keeps telling me to try a billet 63/68 but I'm afraid that might be a little on the small side.

why go with a t4 if only going to that small of an injector? 38r is a good drop in that i wouldn't be afraid to run with 250/200s or 300/200s both with live custom tunes of course.

live life full throttle

The OP posted that he hates pedestal mounted turbos.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

White Buffalo

Reaction score
Tim, if you are still subscribed to this thread, what turbo would you suggest with the 160/30's for a pick-up that is mostly used for towing? I have the van turbo and looking to upgrade........

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I had 160/100's 38R with WW2 T500.. Awesome DD setup and towed what ever I had behind it on swamps full fuel drag tune and it also raced evey weekend.... it never left that tune ethier.. egts were always low. Only thing I would change is the trans it hated life LOL and I would have to try the HBJR.

Last edited:

White Buffalo

Reaction score
I had 160/100's 38R with WW2 T500.. Awesome DD setup and towed what ever I had behind it on swamps full fuel drag tune and it also raced evey weekend.... it never left that tune ethier.. egts were always low. Only thing I would change is the trans it hated life LOL and I would have to try the HBJR.

Thanks - I have had a Van turbo on my F-250 for 8 years or so. With the 1.15 housing, the DI intercooler & Tony's tunes the EGT's are good while towing. Leaning towards another T-4 style mount since that's what I have on our Excursion. That way I can swap turbo's around to try different setups....

TyCorr

Reaction score
I run dtiredent crap, besides turbos all the time. Some.by choice.and others because a huge majority or aftermarket parts are junk and not reliable.

If you really dont care to be wrenching all the time, a 175/80 and 38r(or s366.if you insist on a.crappy turbo) is going to be impossible to out perform. For driving, towing, and hot rodding that setup cooks.

Im tired of pissing with this old whore so Im really leaning towards a set of 160/30s and a hd reman trans from ford and ill spend more on cooling upgrades for.towing. Working these trucks is about all they are good.for.

Im looking to buy a used 6.4 for "around the house" truck. The old wiring, crappy aftermarket support, and rust are really souring me on the 7.3s. If you have one, great, keep it running, but dont.go broke trying to.turn it into.something.