02 7.3 2wd build info

mav3rick

Reaction score
I've been on this site a lot and learned a lot and lost my other account that's why I look like a newb, but I know this has been covered a lot but I wanna do work to my 02 in another month or two and I wanna know what everyone thinks.
I have gauges, intake, exhaust and some tune (idk what kind)
And I know about pmrs
I was thinking 38r+ww2, 238 or 250/100 injectors, smith pushbros rods, arp studs, and 910 valve springs, irate RR kit and idk what fuel system and getting tranny built and getting either gear head, php, or no limit tuning 6 pos is there anything else that I should know or do and what kinda power should I put down, or would it just be all around better to get used forged rods and a t4 setup with an s364

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
It's always better to have forged rods over pmr's. With that much injector they will be a gamble on how long the pmr's will stay in the block.
I'm not too sure what a S364 will do that a 38r cannot but obviously the T4 set up gives you options later on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I've got some forged rods in the garage if you're interested, I'm not going to use them.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
No need to stud apmr engine.

My recommendation:

Garrett with billet wheel
175/80 injectors with honey badger jr hpop or 200/80 on stock hpop
No Limit tunes

We can put the whole package together for you.

No reason either package won't shred your rear tires at will.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
WHS^^^

If you dont have a 38r already, be cheaper to just get the brutte 66 from nltd and I believe that it comes with custome tunes as well, you just supply the chip..

live life full throttle

mav3rick

Reaction score
^^ how does your dually run with all the stuff in your SIG on it lol gotta be quick and p.I.s you don't think I should dog bigger injectors or anything I can pm you for more info on that

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
^^ how does your dually run with all the stuff in your SIG on it lol gotta be quick and p.I.s you don't think I should dog bigger injectors or anything I can pm you for more info on that

You cant go off my truck to expect the same... from everything I have searched and people have told me, its the only one to pass the 460hp mark with these little injectors. Track times and mph put it between 450 and 470hp. It did 14.1 in the quarter and it was the one and only time ive had it at the track. I believe that there is still room for improvement. 1st time slip on the left was in 2wd and I broke loose. Other 3 where in 4x4.
zu5uzybu.jpg

live life full throttle

Last edited:

bruce

Reaction score
If you never plan on throwin in a forged rod engine I'd just get a set of 160/30, brute 66 and an frx.

Wicked

Reaction score
Even forged rod motors don't last that long..... I have a bent one as a reminder on my desk lol

If I was going to do it all over again... 160-180/80-100% nozzles with an upgraded oil system and a Brute66/38R. I now have more power but I almost never bring it to the big tune... Even playing around on the street I leave it in a 425hp tune which is what I had when I first built it with 160/100 and a van turbo.

Reaction score
When I had pmrs I ran a 38r and 250/100s great setup! Gearhead tuning, full system, hpop, and bts. Track times put me about 500-525 no studs no springs. Made probably 60 track passes and 10 sled pulls and about 15k hard miles before I swapped motors never had an issue. Tuning is KEY

Fwiw when I tore the motor down rods still looked good. All were straight and true

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mav3rick

Reaction score
So if I didn't wanna tear it all apart I could run a billet 38r, 200 or 250/100 and fuel system, and NLTD or gear head tunes and won't hurt the pmrs and on a 2wd that should be pretty quick right lol

mav3rick

Reaction score
And would anyone here run air dog or fass lol what fuel system that comes with filters and stuff should I run that won't rape me in price lol

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Irate, Marty, NLTD, Strictly all have fuel systems. Pretty pricey tho, around a grand

mandkole

Reaction score
The truck will be plenty quick/fun with a set of 160/100s and a wheel in a stock 38, plus it will be easy on the pocket book. Talk to Bill at PHP about 375-400hp in a 2wd. I loved my OBS at this level and if I ever did another one from stock, its all Id do. Meh, Im way over bigger turbos and injectors...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So if I didn't wanna tear it all apart I could run a billet 38r, 200 or 250/100 and fuel system, and NLTD or gear head tunes and won't hurt the pmrs and on a 2wd that should be pretty quick right lol

if you dont have a 38r , do a brutte 66, injectors, hpop, and unless you wanna build your own fuel system, a fuel system... I think you get free tunes if you order the turbo or hpop from NLTD, you just supply the chip...

And would anyone here run air dog or fass lol what fuel system that comes with filters and stuff should I run that won't rape me in price lol
Absolutely not on the fass or ad.

Irate, Marty, NLTD, Strictly all have fuel systems. Pretty pricey tho, around a grand

very very nice setups to boot..

The truck will be plenty quick/fun with a set of 160/100s and a wheel in a stock 38, plus it will be easy on the pocket book. Talk to Bill at PHP about 375-400hp in a 2wd. I loved my OBS at this level and if I ever did another one from stock, its all Id do. Meh, Im way over bigger turbos and injectors...

This for sure... honestly, a good healthy, custom tuned truck with a billet wheel is fun to drive over a bone stock one.

live life full throttle

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.