02 clutch pedal on floor

sidwaz

Reaction score
Last night while returning from a road trip I pushed the clutch pedal in to take off and it stuck down on the floor. I was not able to get it in gear but after pulling the pedal up and pressing it back in again it dissengaged the clutch and I was able to get it functioning again. I checked the slave cylinder and it seems to be full. Is it possible to replace the slave cylinder without changing everything else?

STROKED-OUT

Reaction score
Subscribed i am curious to what others will say i have a similar hard shift issue but my clutch has never stuck to the floor

sidwaz

Reaction score
I am going to order the complete hydraulic system from ford on tuesday. I figure since after pumping the clutch once after the initial fail that it is the hydraulics and not the clutch fork.

jestersv

Reaction score
mine did that when the dampner springs went on my original clutch did the slave cyl. used it one day and it did it again i would take a guess you have somewhere around 130,000 miles give or take 10,000. am I close? its the disk not the slave or master just my $.02.

otis_301

Reaction score
same thing happened to me, I replaced both slave cylinder and master cylinder and that fixed it....sounds like these come as a one piece unit many times...mine was 2 pieces had to reuse the tube

03lariat7.3

Reaction score
:whs:
same thing happened to me, I replaced both slave cylinder and master cylinder and that fixed it....sounds like these come as a one piece unit many times...mine was 2 pieces had to reuse the tube

:whs: I replaced the slave and took me quite a while to bleed it.(4yrs ago) I think they sell them as a complete pre-bled system now. Cant get indivudual parts.

PWRstroke_smoke

Reaction score
This exact thing happened to me right after i bought the truck from my uncle, about a year and a half ago
it came as a slave, master cylinder, line and resevoir complete pre bleed unit from ford
ford #2C3Z-7C522-E

otis_301

Reaction score
If you get the pre-bled system, it will depend on how much beer you drink in the process. Mine took about 2 hours, but I didnt get the one piece unit, so I had to bleed mine, along with about a 6-pack.

sidwaz

Reaction score
I didn't think it took me too long to install on the clutch pedal when I changed the cab, but that was like 4 years ago.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Get the pre bled master/ slave cylinder and save yourselves the trouble of replacing just the slave cylinder, or just the master cylinder. Been there and done that. Pre bled unit is the only way to go.
With exception to the clutch fork in the E99 trucks that was prone to bending, clutch disengagement problems are almost ALWAYS the hydraulics. There are a lot of plastic components in these hydraulics that swell, and wear out making them one of those things that should be replaced every year or so.

sidwaz

Reaction score
Well it is all fixed up and back on the road again. It only took about 45min and everything is working smoothly again. Now that I have also installed my short shifter I need to find a replacement or aftermarket shift lever. The rubber isolator is quite worn out, any aftermarket items or just factory replacement?

Latest posts

Members online