03 6.0 cutting out

Nick7.3

Reaction score
Little short story.. Girlfriend bought an 03 6.0 from ford. Couple days after it started cutting out mid to 3/4 throttle. Took it back and they said they couldn't get it to mimick symptoms and it was fine (of course). Well there ways oil in the coolant, while I was in there replacing the oil cooler I replaced the hpop discharge tube and all o rings. Filled it with cat elc. The truck is studded, has an egr ******, coolant filter and I put an sct on it with ********** tunes. Is it common for the 03s to have hpo leaks in the oil rails? The truck will hit 2900-3200 psi at 3/4 throttle with duty cycle from 78/82. How do I check icp and ipr sensors? Anything else I should look for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
03's don't typically leak on the rails. I would monitor icp while its cutting out. Could be the sensor.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
To check the icp, monitor voltage koeo. It should be .23v. If its not replace it with a ford sensor and pigtail. Ive heard of people having issues with aftermarket sensors.

j.bagg19

Reaction score
I had issues with aftermarket icp! Deff. Go ford on that part! It will save you alot of headach!

Nick7.3

Reaction score
Haven't replaced the icp. It looks original along with the harness.. But koeo it says .22 with the scan tool. Was checking desired icp vs actual when it cuts out.. Desired is 4500 and actual 3300 psi with a duty cycle of 85%

webb06

Reaction score
Haven't replaced the icp. It looks original along with the harness.. But koeo it says .22 with the scan tool. Was checking desired icp vs actual when it cuts out.. Desired is 4500 and actual 3300 psi with a duty cycle of 85%

Is that tuned or stock? Tuning will skew icp pressure readings so if it's tuned return it to stock and measure the readings again.

Nick7.3

Reaction score
Don't have no symptoms of the hpo leak.. Starts right up after being driven starts fine when it's cold outside.. Only thing left would be in the oil rail. But I'm leaning more towards the pump.

Nick7.3

Reaction score
Not to mention I'm getting a p132b code.. Sounds like the vanes in the turbo are staying closed.. But it only does it sometimes.. Do the up pipe clamps ever wear out? Thinking about pulling the turbo out again and checking everything kver

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
The p132b can set from it running bad as well. It cant build the correct boost if it aint running right.

Nick7.3

Reaction score
Okay well the up pipes where not seated correctly (must of been tired) causing the code. Fixed that... Also I set the truck back to stock to measure actual and desired and they both read 3600+ psi. But ipr is at 77%. Injectors are fine. Cylinder contribution is almost perfect.

Nick7.3

Reaction score
Doesn't cut out with stock tuning tho. But I feel like the ipr is high.

Latest posts

Members online