04 F-250 Crew Cab FX4 6.0 questions

kevlar71

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm a gasoline drivability tech, I have a chance to snag an 04 f250 fx4 6.0 for 5000. It doesn't start very easy, but eventually it does start, also while idling the oil pressure gauge drops to nothing, as soon as you hit the throttle it jumps back up though. While driving it doesn't like to accelerate past 2000-2300 rpms. I have messed with the 6.0s a little here and there, and I havnt had a chance too hook it up to a scanner yet. I more than likely wouldn't have the opportunity to scan it until I bought it. It idles great, and runs great up until right around or past 2000 rpms. I know you guys probably see this a lot, but I need your input. 5000 is a lot of money to me. What should I look for on my scan tool?(I have a very capable scanner) and so on. Thanks.

kevlar71

Reaction score
I'm about 99% sure I'm going to get it. I just need some of you 6.0 gurus to help talk me into it.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
most likely an oil pump either high or low, you need to hook up a mech gauge to the filter base to see if the low pressure pump or not, the gauge being down low probably isnt good but without definate numbers its hard to say.

while its hard starting check ICP and see if it comes up slow or not

djberg

Reaction score
for the price jump on it, and maybe have another $5k(high price estimate) into it and have one hell of a truck.

Latest posts

Members online