05-07 Cat Converter

txoutlaw250

Reaction score
Is my used cat worth anything as far as reselling? I recently replaced my factory exhaust with a 4" dp-back straight pipe. I see used cats on ebay for $500+, I would be happy with considerably less. Cat is off of '07 with 175k miles, no rust. Any thoughts?

Mdub707

Reaction score
My dealers have never had a problem with it, even within warranty. Though, they did blame it on a blue smoke issue I had that was clearly an injector. Apparently not having the cat on made it smoke blue LOL

I'd hang on to it too. With the way emissions testings are increasing, it's not something you are going to want to buy if you need one. I too have seen them go for over $500 on ebay. There like $1500 from the dealer... just hang on to it.

superBADduty

Reaction score
I kept the one from my truck and had bought one from a fellow member for $50 bucks to hollow out and run a straight pipe exhaust. I kept the original for if the "just in case I need it" situation should ever arise. It doesn't take up much room in storage.

Vinny07psd

Reaction score
I just hollowed mine out so it still looks like I have a cat, so no issues there, but cats are worth serious dough

txoutlaw250

Reaction score
I will sell it if someone wants/needs it. Not for $50 though. My truck will never see a dealership. My best friend is an awesome diesel mechanic professionally and he knows the 6.0 and 7.3 inside out. We also have another close friend that specializes in 6.0 from his home based shop.

I replaced my factory exhaust with an MBRP 4" turbo-back straight pipe and I love it. With 175k miles no smoke and no CEL. It's as great as putting dual straights and megaphones on my old GMC 3/4 ton back in high school!

yeehaw

Reaction score
with the way they are crackin down on exhaust emissions I am awaiting the time for them to start doing full inspections on these trucks. '03 and up need a cat per Wisconsin law.

Latest posts

Members online