05 6.0 idles but when put in gear it dies

Bigred91

Reaction score
Just had headstuds done 5k miles ago. Replaced oil pressure switch 300 miles ago. And a couple days ago a ujoint in my driveshaft shattered so I've been driving in 4x4 with no rear driveshaft for a couple days cause I destroyed my driveshaft. But just got in my truck to head home from my girlfriends and the truck starts normally and runs fine in park at idle but as soon as I put it in gear, doesn't matter if it's reverse or a forward hear and I give it throttle it Boggs out and dies immediately. I checked all the ficm plugs and there all right, batteries were replaced 3 months ago, no trans issues at all, only mods are studs, egr delete, sct with innovative tuning, 4" straight pipe and a leveling kit on 35s. And help is much appreciated it's 2 am and in don't have any tools or light so I can't do much now

Gary

Reaction score
:whs: Then look and see if it's loosing sync, also check cylinder balance and see if you have random cylinders dropping off.

Irontx

Reaction score
Think I might be looking at my transmission as well.... pump maybe.....

Bigred91

Reaction score
Yeah I'm thinking it's the torque converter. Going back to take a look now and try and figure something out

Commandos888

Reaction score
Re: Hey bud

Please tell me why the transmission????:shocked: by looking at live data what is the ICP and IPR%???? Engine idles right?? but when you put throttle it shuts off??? there was a tsb 05-12-1 for Tcc solenoid sticking.

Irontx

Reaction score
Please tell me why the transmission????:shocked: looking at live data what is the ICP and IPR%???? Engine idle it shuts off??.

He never said it dies while hitting the peddle while parked out of gear... guy I work with has one that did the same thing.

Bigred91

Reaction score
Starts and runs perfectly normal. It dies as soon as I put it in gear. I took it out of 4x4 (still no rear driveshaft in the truck) and it did not die when I put it in gear. But when back in 4x4 it died when put in gear

Commandos888

Reaction score
Re: Hey bud

I see:D lol! well can you scan the TCM for codes?? I think you may have a bad torque converter control solenoid.

Bigred91

Reaction score
I don't have a way of checking it till Monday. I had it towed to work and we will be checking the r&m and pulling the trans pan on Monday cause it could use new fluid and filters anyways

Bigred91

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking it is too. Looks like it's time for a built trans! 😁 thanks for the help everyone. I'll let y'all know what I find out tomorrow

Bigred91

Reaction score
Please tell me why the transmission????:shocked: by looking at live data what is the ICP and IPR%???? Engine idles right?? but when you put throttle it shuts off??? there was a tsb 05-12-1 for Tcc solenoid sticking.

I believe the tcc solenoid is the problem. Got a new solenoid, fluid and filters, after we close today I'm gonna throw it in and see

Latest posts

Members online