05 6.0 p0231

c3ncal559

Reaction score
Hey there,
I just got a 6.0 couple weeks ago,
The previous owner had the whole engine redone, head gasket, studs, ficm board, injectors, egr, oil cooler, turbo , all replaced,
It been driving fine, has a sct tuner too, well the other day it wouldn't want to start, it start then shut off took a few crank then it would start and run , drove it up hunting and it was doing the same, the check engine light came on then after so long it when off, it started. Drove fine yesterday and today it done it again. What should I start with?

c3ncal559

Reaction score
No I don't that's the only code that popped up , I want to say the icp has been changed to, if they didn't lie, I looked at it n it looks new, I just got into my truck to head home from work started fine check engine light gone, didn't think it can clear it self without driving for a bit , it was sitting for 10 hrs cause that's how long my shift was, again it drives normal

c3ncal559

Reaction score
Any inputs ? I was going to change the fuel filter but notice they had like a fuel leak or something on the cap above the engine so they used like silicone , didn't want to mess with that till I got another cap,

c3ncal559

Reaction score
Can the icp trigger this po231 code? Is it from cranking it so much? If it was the fuel pump would it run good like how it is?

c3ncal559

Reaction score
My fix solution , bad fuel pump relay , had to replace the whole fuse circuit board under the dash because it's integrated . Hope this helps

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.