05 conversions are overrated.

Tonka350

Reaction score
dsl that's the 8-lug link is when mine was an 05 conversion, and theres a company ( there was ) selling a complete 05 front end for like 500 bucks....

otherwise get with certifit.com and order their parts, they're alot cheaper ( great quality ) everything but the bumper on mine was from certifit..

Chad

Tonka350

Reaction score
with getting everything DONE and ready took a total of 19 hours STRAIGHT...than I swapped the hood and grille at a later date lol. everything turned out nicely though, even if it was a quick paced swap ( I couldn't have it down long, it's my daily driver ).

Chad

AKHILF

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind an 08 and shave the side vents. I think that would look good. If i ever do the swap or get and 08 there getting shaved. I think that front end would look great.

Tonka350

Reaction score
actually I have a guy in the local area where I live and the 08 side vents DEFINITELY MAKE THE TRUCK! they look horrible with no sidevents.

Chad

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I vote no side vents and no badges. Smoothed front fenders...

Like in my avatar...

01platinum

Reaction score
Chad that looks sick with the 08 conversion. Now I wish I would have done this before the truck got painted.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

RNicol

Reaction score
What does everyone think of putting 05-07 Harley Davidson headlights with a 05 black harley grill and possibly a 05 bumper with the top painted black ? Kinda wanna do this to my black early 99 eclb.

Dslfumes

Reaction score
What does everyone think of putting 05-07 Harley Davidson headlights with a 05 black harley grill and possibly a 05 bumper with the top painted black ? Kinda wanna do this to my black early 99 eclb.

That's kind of one of the color schemes I have been thinking about. But with satin black for the top half and all white on the bottom. I am starting my body work soon so I need to decide between that and my top secret color option.

Tonka350

Reaction score

hey bud, I have a buddy of mine that did that on his black crew cab shortbed with all black and harley headlights and it looks gorgeous! I'll try to post up a pic of his truck for you, I just preferred the 08+ body over the 05-07 that I did have on my truck. it was nice but the 08 turns alot more heads than my 05-07 with ram air hood did. and thank you platinum, I really love the way it turned out and your truck looks like it has an amazing paint theme on it too.

Chad

on edit: here's some pictures of his truck with the all black 05 on his 03.
l_a9ef77c248fbac4641308afed4934f2c.jpg

16inches2.jpg

16inches3.jpg

the tan one is my old early 99 with 05 cut grille.

Last edited:

Tonka350

Reaction score
I personally prefer the 05+ bumper over the 99-04 body style bumper. you can pick up the 05+ bumpers pretty cheap, or you can do an 08+ swap ;) lol

Chad

Tonka350

Reaction score
lol it really doesn't cost alot for the 08+ swap unless you decide on ALOT of aftermarket parts ( headlights, hood, grille, fender vents )....that's the only reason mine is expensive LOL. I have a cervinis cowl hood and aftermarket billet replacement grille and ordering some billet badges.......so yeah that's why it's expensive lol.

Chad

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Once I sold off my old parts I have a total of $0 in my front end swap. Now I got a good deal on parts and a buddy painted everything for free but once you sell your old stuff it can be a cheap swap.