05 f250 diamond eye turbo down pipe worth it?

c3ncal559

Reaction score
Hey there, I have a 05 6.0 its pretty much stock other then a magnaflow exhaust and k&n intake set up, I do have a tuner but don't keep it tuned just drive on stock, I been kicking around the idea of replacing the turbo down pipe with the diamond eye 3.5 kit with the cat delete pipe, is it really worth the time and money to do this ? Or just replace the cat with a straight pipe ? I heard its a pain in the ass to take the down pipe off , the motor was completely overhauled prior before I got it, but the owner replace everything with oem I don't know why he didn't stud it , it's my daily driver and I pull a little flat bed with my rhino occasionally, thanks

johnp115

Reaction score
It depends on what you want to do with the truck. Put a stock downpipe next to an aftermarket downpipe and actually see the difference and it's well worth it but if you're never going to touch the truck performance wise there isn't much of a need.

White Stallion

Reaction score
If you plan to do performance mods in the future (turbo \ injectors) then go ahead and get it done. Shouldn't cost to much. The K&N needs to go they aren't good on diesels that flow the amount of air these truck flow. No personal experience but I have read several threads that attributed a trashed turbo to a K&N filter.

c3ncal559

Reaction score
I see , its a k&n intake with afe filter come with the truck, i dont plan on doing anything like bigger turbo or injectors was just thinking to do the down pipe to keep 3 1/2" all the way

White Stallion

Reaction score
If you like the truck and plan to keep it I would spend the money on a good monitor to keep track of the trucks vitals. You didn't say if it was studded and deleted yet so a monitor will tell you the story about the oil cooler and EGR. A failure of either of these components is very costly and the monitor is a great preventative maintenance tool IMO.

c3ncal559

Reaction score
Thanks , I been looking at a scan gauge 2 , the previous owner , 500 miles before I got it , done head gasket, head bolts, egr cooler , oil cooler, ficm , new turbo , all new injectors, sensors , updated fitting on the oil pump, all the updates he that could be done , I don't know why he didn't do arp , I guess it was going to be a daily for his 16 year old boy and he didn't want the truck

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
If your looking for gauges check out the edge cts monitor. But like said above, if your doin much performance stock size should be just alright. Some guys ( I have one ) have a 4 inch downpipe even. But it all depends on user when it comes to sound, power, and comfort level. And get a new intake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.