05+ lighted/Heated mirrors on 2001

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I am thinking of putting my 2005 heated/lighted mirrors on my fathers 2001, and buy myself some 08+ mirrors. Is there an adapter needed to have lights work for it? Just a thought thanks guys!

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
You will need to tap into the turn signals and clearance lights in order for them to work. there is no wires in the door to do this. And if you want the heat to work you will have to run wires and mount a switch for this. Or just wire them hot all the time. I didnt hook up the heat on mine due to time. Plan to do that sometime in the future though.

When I installed mine I just ran 2 wires through the door and tied into the wires behind the dash for turn signals and clearance lights. Worked out nice.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Been wondering the same thing. One of these days I'll get around to puttin the 05 S+H mirrors on my 02.

I'm hoping to do it without adding to many wires to the tangle under the dash though.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Cool, gonna have to tackle this soon. Gettin sick of the E99 non telescoping mirror on the drivers door.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i did this already, as well.

there are a few things you will need to know.

wiring is as vader said. the plug that is in your door, will not work. if you want to maintain plug and play. you will need to change the door side plug, to the 05+ as well. this lets you tie in all your wires into a existing plug. otherwise you will have to cut the plug off the new mirror to wire them up.

i went to car-part.com and got both door plugs sent to me for $15 shipped.

if i break a mirror, its just plug and play.

your wiring, if you have power, will go into the new plug, then you just add whatever additional functions you get with your new mirrors.

i went from just power, to power/heat/turn. i needed to run two wires. for the heat, and the turn, and a switch to control the heat.

and they will just bolt on. its the same pattern, same everything, but the couple additional wires.

it should also be noted, if you get power fold, and power telescope, you will need the 08+ switches that have this function, as you cannot make them work with out them. and i played with them for a while trying to figure out how to do it.

ToMang07

Reaction score

wiring is as vader said. the plug that is in your door, will not work. if you want to maintain plug and play. you will need to change the door side plug, to the 05+ as well. this lets you tie in all your wires into a existing plug. otherwise you will have to cut the plug off the new mirror to wire them up.

your wiring, if you have power, will go into the new plug, then you just add whatever additional functions you get with your new mirrors.

i went from just power, to power/heat/turn. i needed to run two wires. for the heat, and the turn, and a switch to control the heat.

and they will just bolt on. its the same pattern, same everything, but the couple additional wires.

it should also be noted, if you get power fold, and power telescope, you will need the 08+ switches that have this function, as you cannot make them work with out them. and i played with them for a while trying to figure out how to do it.

What sourced did you tap for power, park, and turn, if you don't mind me asking? And what did you use for a heat power switch?

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score

what i ended up doing is using the factory plug for what i could, then using male/female blade style connectors to connect the rest of it in the door. now if i ever switch to 08 mirrors it is pretty much plug/play just a matter of cutting the old plug off.

Latest posts

Members online