2017 Transmission tuning

saltfarmer

Reaction score
Hi I'm trying to get to the bottom of my intermittent harsh downshift issue. It occurs when coming to a stop somewhere between the 3-2-1 downshift. I feel a hard bang followed by a slight rev. I was initially told by my tuner that it must be my transmission so I replaced my transmission. I gave my friend my old transmission and he has put 30k problem free miles on it. I changed my tuning immediately after the reman transmission and have been still experiencing this issue. Trans builder tells me it's a known issue. Tuner never heard of it. Ford has a tsb for it. Stock tires. Stock everything except ez link. Stock engine tune. No matter what ez link transmission file I choose, I still have the issue. I perform the trans relearn on a up to temp transmission. I'm at a loss for ideas. I appreciate any help. Although this appears to be my first post, I was a member from the beginning. I just lost my login information after being off of here for a while.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Have you changed your TCM?

Bad solenoids or a dirty valve body can cause the same problem. But, im sure that was all new with the new transmission.

saltfarmer

Reaction score
Update!! New tuning was able to work with me and confirm that my issue was in the mechanical side of things, most likely valve body. New Ford (reman) valve body installed and problem is gone. Only a couple hundred miles so far but I would have normally felt it by now. Overall the transmission behaves much better all around.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.