05 mirrors fit 01' ?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yea. All mirrors fit all of them. You'll just have to wire on to the newer mirrors for the running lights and then signals.

Wayne

Reaction score
Connectors were updated in '02, and again in '08 M.Y., but real easy to splice. As mentioned, they bolt right on. Not all have provisions for heated glass, markers, or signals, but can be added.

darkdragoon09

Reaction score
I have F250 SD 2003 with heated, electric, signal and manual folding. I want to upgrade for the same side view mirror features but 2009 model.

Any one know where I can find or any one can send me the patterns for the 2003 and 2009 side view mirrors connectors? Also if any one already do the conversion and can let me know what cables I need to switch to work correctly in the 2003 connectors will work too. This is to make the proper conversion of the mirrors. :thumbup:

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have F250 SD 2003 with heated, electric, signal and manual folding. I want to upgrade for the same side view mirror features but 2009 model.

Any one know where I can find or any one can send me the patterns for the 2003 and 2009 side view mirrors connectors? Also if any one already do the conversion and can let me know what cables I need to switch to work correctly in the 2003 connectors will work too. This is to make the proper conversion of the mirrors. :thumbup:

I wound up hard wiring everything but the glass functions as PICO stopped making the pn that the harness is. In other words the proper harness that plugs into the 08 and the correct pins and such arent produced by pico anymore. Can you find them somewhere else? Maybe. I got tired of looking and put them in.

One of the mods here told me snapon makes a harness, plug, and pin setup that you can use to create your own oem style connections with. It will free you up from dependency on the oem harnesses too. If ever mine have to come off Ill go this route and rewire them, fyi.

darkdragoon09

Reaction score
I wound up hard wiring everything but the glass functions as PICO stopped making the pn that the harness is. In other words the proper harness that plugs into the 08 and the correct pins and such arent produced by pico anymore. Can you find them somewhere else? Maybe. I got tired of looking and put them in.

One of the mods here told me snapon makes a harness, plug, and pin setup that you can use to create your own oem style connections with. It will free you up from dependency on the oem harnesses too. If ever mine have to come off Ill go this route and rewire them, fyi.

I understand what are you saying. I don't have any luck looking for connectors diagrams. The color code for the cables in 2003 and 2008+ are the same? Because if is the same I cut the cable from my old side view mirror and use it in the new one. Or I can cut both connectors and use and universal connectors.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I understand what are you saying. I don't have any luck looking for connectors diagrams. The color code for the cables in 2003 and 2008+ are the same? Because if is the same I cut the cable from my old side view mirror and use it in the new one. Or I can cut both connectors and use and universal connectors.

Ummmm, I asked someone for the pinout on the new mirror and then searched through my hanes manual for wiring diagrams. Both turned out to be correct. Your truck has the correct harness so you will be able to find the pins and simply add wires where needed. You can seek a factory switch setup to access the additional functions or you could wire the heater into a toggle/upfitter switch (if you have them) so you decide when the heat is on.

Edit:yes you could also cut the wires and either hardwire them or use universal male female plugs/harness. Thats what I was getting at, snapon is one example of companies that make a system for you to create oem quality connections.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online