06 6.0 fuel mileage issues after studs

dclarke963

Reaction score
Hi guys I've been following this forum and haven't posted before, I just studded my truck, install 155 injectors, power max turbo with wicked wheel, fuel regulated return, fass fuel pump, afe intake, bulletproof diesel ficm and eric from innovatives tunes and I'm running all the gauges to watch everything and don't seem to have any funky numbers, I've got terrible fuel mileage compared to my stock 05 6.0, I'm stumped on what the problem could be, this set up was on another truck that was getting 18mpg, and I'm only getting 12 if I'm lucky. Thanks

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Talk to your injector builder and eric for ideas. Obviously something seems amiss, I'm not a 6.0 guy yet but I'm learning as well. I hear deleted they are easily 18-20 capable.

Mdub707

Reaction score
15mpg in my extended cab short box 4x4, all day, every day. Stock to modded, it has never really changed.

little luke

Reaction score
Ccsb 13 to 14mpg all day every day. Only guy I've met personally that claimed 20mpg was a 17 year old kid with a cclb dually that claimed 600hp on a bully dog programmer alone

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Hmm, those numbers suck. I get 17-19 hand calc in my 7.3. Aside from being quieter, what is the real benefit to the 6.0 over the 7.3 then? My 05 has all the bells and whistles so my wife wants us to keep it and sell the 99. The 99 Lariat is nice but the steering wheel controls, powerslider, memory seat/mirror adjusters + adjustable pedals is hard not to like on the 05.

I am I really only gaining amenities but losing mileage and reliability?

Sorry OP to take your thread off topic

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
HWY it's not impossible to hit 18 mpg at all but tire size & lift make the rules. Sounds like some tuning tweaks are needed.

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
One thing that made a world of difference for my truck was a ficm tune. I must've had a horrible flash, I was at 11 to 12 no matter what tuning I ran, I got the atlas 80 on a 58v and jumped to 16.5. I also ran a 48v with the same results. I know that's not 18-20mpg but I have a dually with 4:10's. I'm more than happy. Like said above, some fine tuning would be beneficial.

swinky

Reaction score
Mine was consistently in the 19s on the highway, cruise at 67-68 and Windows up. Turned the ac on intermittently to keep it cool enough. I think it might have broke 20 once. All hand calculated.

This was during trips at night from Tx to Fl and Fl to Va.

dclarke963

Reaction score
Got it all figured out, running around 15-16mpg on average, after I got the truck all put together I installed the mass air flow sensor backwards I didn't read the arrow direction, flipped that around and all good to go. Stupid mistake lol. Thanks

Latest posts