06 6L hot no start

Hoss

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm hoping for some help with my 6L it won't start when it's warm, will not run without throttle input when hot. Will not idle when hot.
When it 1st gave problems I put shop air to it by pulling the ipr valve out and putting my adaptor in the location. I could hear air out of the pass side valve cover, so I rebuilt the oil rails with oring's and nipple cups, new o-rings on the injectors including the top, updated stand pipes and dummy plugs. While I was at it I deleted the egr, new dorman oil cooler, new screen, new stc fitting(already had one). put it all back together same problem, wont run when hot. My solus was showing that when it's cold everything is normal over icp500psi ipr is good and ficm sync. When its warm I was only able to get about 300psi give or take after long cranking and the ipr 85%,ficm 49v
I then put a new hpop in it thinking it was my problem. Still won't start or run when warm. I am wondering if the lpop could be my cause, the gauge in the truck is will come up after lots of cranking but as it only takes 5-7psi for that gauge to move maybe I don't have low oil ?
i'm pretty much out of ideas at this point.

webb06

Reaction score
Pull the oil filter and check for low side pressure there. If it comes up pretty quick you've for plenty

Thk

Reaction score
Check the low pressure oil like stated above by holding the check valve down. If it fills up quickly then you have plenty of low pressure oil. If your low pressure is good then its most likely injector problem

Thk

Reaction score
Disregard my last post. After reading it again it sounds like a bad IPR sensor

Latest posts

Members online