06 dash bezel in 99

OSCS

Reaction score
I've heard that the dash bezel from an 06 can be made to fit into a 99-03 dash. Anyone have a write up or any info on it? I have the whole 06 dash but would like to just swap the bezel if it's relatively easy

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
I've heard that the dash bezel from an 06 can be made to fit into a 99-03 dash. Anyone have a write up or any info on it? I have the whole 06 dash but would like to just swap the bezel if it's relatively easy

You have to swap the heat ducts because the 05 dash has them moved farther apart. Other than that everything is the same i believe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OSCS

Reaction score
Does the whole dash needs to come out or can you access the ducts with just the bezel out?

Agjake11

Reaction score
dont go half ass. you have all the stuff already and its just a matter of taking the few hrs to do the swap.

OSCS

Reaction score
dont go half ass. you have all the stuff already and its just a matter of taking the few hrs to do the swap.

By few I think you mean 6-8hrs if you didn't work out in the middle now where now maybe I could chain you up to help out.

Agjake11

Reaction score
how about this. ill take your truck with me this week and all the parts and have it done by the following weekend. sound good?

Agjake11

Reaction score
It doesn't have a steering wheel till the weekend but we might be able to do something like that but you might have to pay for labor

BigRed97

Reaction score
How do you get 6-8 hrs to swap a dash board?

They come out in under 30 & go in in under 30. Add maybe an hour to swap the wiring and ducts and your at about 2 hrs... add an hour if beers are involved.

Agjake11

Reaction score
6-8 hrs was for full dash removal and replacement with the 06. it could probably be done quicker since ive now done it before.

BigRed97

Reaction score
I know what you meant it was for. I just think it's absurd. It in no way should take that long But that's just opinion

F350Canada

Reaction score
Updates??

If this mod is finished, do you have pictures? Also I would like to know about moving the ducting I have a e99 or 99.5 and would like to put the 05 bezel only on ..as i don't want to buy the whole dash. Any extra info on this swap would be great. =- )
Also does anyone know if there are blank filler pieces avail from ford or else where?. I have 4x4 on the floor so i dont need the switch, and I am assuming you would have wired the new switch in for the 05 bezel headlights?

Thanks. :ford:

Latest posts

Members online