07 550 turbo problems

bulldog077

Reaction score
th_2013-03-06_08-05-09_126_zpse0a3b842.jpg

This started happening a day after the company bought the truck. I replaced with another used turbo and it still does it but not as often. No boost leaks anywhere and isnt lacking on power. Plus the other 07 550 we have sounds like it has a massive boost leak sometimes at idle but not all the time, again, cant find any leaks and is not lacking on power. The one in the video has been deleted and the other has the sinister egr kit on it. Any suggestions?

Viking

Reaction score
Ah, I didn't know it was a video.

I say sticky vanes in turbo or maybe sticky EGR valve.

bulldog077

Reaction score
The video if from the turbo that was on it when we bought it. It was running great till I hooked up to about a 20k load and pulled against a pretty good wind. About 5 miles into the trip is when it started. The guy we bought it from said that the turbo had been cleaned and new egr valve was installed but the egr cooler has been removed. He sent us another used turbo and I took that one a part and cleaned it. It doesn't do it as much now as it did in the video. But it still does it.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Blew tank off intercooler?

Can't see the video, so I can't hear the sound so this is merely a guess but I have seen it more than once.

Latest posts

Members online