07 DRW to SRW Conversion

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Alrighty folks, a few months ago I got a new job at an oil refinery so I no longer need a dually to make money with. Unfortunately, I absolutely love my F350, I spent months finding the one I wanted with a ZF6 and all the right options and it runs like a dream so I don't really want to get rid of it. I am thinking of converting it to SRW to make it easier to drive around on a daily basis, I am not hauling like I used to so the loss of towing stability will not hurt anything. I love the look of 7.3powerstroke00's cclb srw 6.4.

My question is what would you guys do and how is the easiest way to go about it. I'm kicking myself right now, I found a take off 08 lb that was brand new in white that sold right before I thought about doing this for $600.

Would you guys swap bed and axles, run conversion wheels and slap a new bed on, or any other ideas? I would like to keep my axles if possible, they have less than 140k on them and when I went to change the lube the gears looked cherry. If I take the dually adapters off the front is the bolt pattern still 8x200 or does it go to 8x170, I've heard it both ways so I would like some clarity, if they go down to 170, is there a way to change the D80 to 170 so all I would have to do is figure out a bed option?

Thanks for all the help folks.

6.0Dually

Reaction score
Ive been waiting for a thread like this one to come up. In for results.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

907DAVE

Reaction score
Also the rear drive shaft may need to be swapped or use a conversion u joint on the axle side.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Ok, for those that sub'd and were looking for info. I've done quite a bit of research around the axle tube, hub, and bearing sizes for the 80 comparing the new 8x200s to the older 8x170s. Turns out they are all the same sizes, so in theory one can just pull a hub off an old axle and throw it on a new one to convert the bolt pattern. I still need to check some measurements on the brakes, widths and some other things to make sure that would work and all it would take for the front is removing the dually adapters. It'll be slow going, but I'll keep the thread updated with my findings.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Ok, bringing this back up. I've finally sourced a good bed. Found a white 08 long bed for 350 with the gate, bumper, and hitch. Going to pick it up sometime next week. I'm still trying to figure out what to do about the rear axle, I've seen a post where River City came up with some hubs that change the bolt pattern to 8x170 so you can run a single for pulling, I've tried getting in touch with Jared and haven't been able to yet. Hopefully I can get a set of those, and find some wheels local and I'll finally get my SRW conversion. This spring I'll get the bed painted and the inside line-x and then I can be happy with it for a while LOL

Jason

Reaction score
Come down this way and i'll swap you beds. It's not an '08 bed, but it's white srw lb, no gn hitch or anything. Couple scrathes, but if you're gonna paint it...

Been kicking the idea around with Randall of going dually on my regular cab with 19.5's.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Come down this way and i'll swap you beds. It's not an '08 bed, but it's white srw lb, no gn hitch or anything. Couple scrathes, but if you're gonna paint it...

Been kicking the idea around with Randall of going dually on my regular cab with 19.5's.

I got this one for so cheap in nearly mint condition, so I'll still get it. My bed is a little buggered up on the bed rails from a gooseneck accident. I will have it for sale though along with the wheels and the front hub adapters if you are interested.

Latest posts

Members online