08-10 2WD shock recommendations...

golfer

Reaction score
Ever since the DJM 3/5 lowering kit was installed...the FRONT end of the truck feels like a freaking 1982 Cadillac on bumps.

The OEM shocks were shot...so we just tossed a set of ProComp ("sport tuned?") cheapies on there..and they suck as bad as the blown ass OEM shocks...

Today, we just ordered a pair of Bilstein 4600's...(can't get the 5100's on 2WD?)...not installed yet.

so...(preemptively)...I'm just checking to see what the guys with the 'little' trucks are doing for shocks...

This is my first 2WD vehicle...and it's brutal not having a taught/firm front end over small road humps...

what's the word...? what have you had luck with?

thanks in advance.

Dave

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Lol awesome.

I've got some good info on this at home. Richard helped me out a ton on what would fit and what wouldn't, what was the best, etc., ill post it this evening

jdgleason

Reaction score
Icon told me that they would make shocks to a specific length and valve them for what you wanted. If it were me, I would go that way.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Icon told me that they would make shocks to a specific length and valve them for what you wanted. If it were me, I would go that way.

Not a bad idea, ICON shocks are IMHO the best on the market. I didn't know about the custom lengths though, thanks for the heads up.

Vozar

Reaction score
Ever since the DJM 3/5 lowering kit was installed...the FRONT end of the truck feels like a freaking 1982 Cadillac on bumps.

You just need some of these gramps :poke:

Sportster_2tone_gray_L_zps34d1c9ae.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.