08-10 Superduty owners beware. Big thanks Sunrise Ford

AllanB

Reaction score
Long story short. I was in dire need of a set of front brake calipers for a 08 F250. WHat I thought would be an easy task, just go to the local Ford place (where my wife has worked for 17 years) and pick up a set of calipers or at worst, have them overnight them. To my suprise they tell me, there are none in the country, and that Ford has them on back order, and that there is no release date as to when Ford will recieve them. So after :cursing: to myself. I came back home, got online and sent a PM to Sunrise Ford Parts thinking just maybe these guys can help. Well they sent back a PM saying that they confirmed what I was told about the calipers being on back order, but they just happen to still have a set. Big thanks to Sunrise Ford, without them my truck would have been down for ??? who knows how long. I am not sure what is going on with the front calipers on the 08-10 Superdutys, but something must be up, for Ford to have them on back order with no release date. I do know what happen to mine and I am still not sure why this happened.

Viking

Reaction score
Well that blows about the calipers. Good thing we got good vendors here like Sunrise!

AllanB

Reaction score
Yup they were a lifesaver for sure. Just becarefull changing your brake pads. There is a stainless steel cover over the pistons. Well it will tear fairly easy, with the rivets on the back of the pads. Unfortunatly Ford doesn't make a rebuild kit for the pistons to my knowledge.

flippincgfighter

Reaction score
Places like Fast Undercar should carry OEM calipers and parts...thats where i got mine. Not sure if they have things like that back there, but around here there is many places to get calipers besides ford.

Glad you found a set.

AllanB

Reaction score
Yeah they told me that Napa and Orielly's carried them but both were out also. I just thought it was strange and that maybe someone else might have had problems with them also, seeing as Ford had them on back order and no release date. But I guess not.

AllanB

Reaction score
Thats weird!

I just got a set like 2 weeks ago.....Thats strange that all of the sudden they are on backorder

Without a release date. Almost sounds like they pulled them, but that would have involved some kind of legal action. So who knows whats up with it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.