08- 12 front end

fordornothing

Reaction score
So I've been thinking about changing over to the 08- 12 front clip. Aside from the hood, fenders, etc., what will I have to modify? Will my 99 rad. support be ok?

campbellflage

Reaction score
You cut and modify the rad support, relocate the hood latch forward, cut the frame to lower the bumper, cut slits into the new wiper cowl to allow the hood to open.. Its a lot of modding but doable. I have been gathering parts to do a 08-10 swap on mine, but am having to divert funds to another project/wedding if your looking to get all the parts at once, I have them for sale.

fordornothing

Reaction score
I built a bumper for mine with the stock 99 front end, now I have about 3- 4" from the bottom of the grill to the top of the bumper. Would that be enough clearance? What about front to back clearance in relation with the grill and frame ends? Could you pm me with a price on the parts.

fordornothing

Reaction score
One thing I was thinking about was is when you're working under the hood and raking your back across the bottom of the grill. Would it be possible to modify the grill so it stays down?

Noonman350

Reaction score
Well... You would have to cut it in half because of the way the grille support and grille attach to the hood. That's the only way I could think of. I thought about that when I was doin mine, but I said screw it and did it normal. It's not too bad actually with the grill up on the hood. I think it'd be too much work than what it's worth to modify the grille

fordornothing

Reaction score
Alright, With the bumper I have I just stand on it and have a bad habit of standing up and smacking my head on the hood. I guess I'll have to find someone with a 08 and see if I'd like it or not.

Latest posts

Members online