08 crank no start

SsgBulldawg

Reaction score
Hey guys, searched and didn't find my perticular issue in the forums so I figured I'd post. I was leaving drill headed to get fuel and truck hesitates and feels like the turbos aren't boosting I let off the throttle then ease back in and it kicks back in with power, drives for bout 1/4 miles then the truck dies. I coast to the side of the road and get it towed home (200 bucks cause a buddy owns the tow yard) once home I notice I can't hear the lift pump (240 bucks)so I replace it. Put the new one in and prime the system, hit the fuel reset, bleed the air out and it still won't run. It will crank, no fuses are blown, I have a h&s tuner and I hear they are hell on the lift pumps. I have dialed it down and cleared the codes. Now the only code that's constant is the p2291 (low fuel pressure?) I was told by a PS mechanic that there was still air in the high side but I have bled and bled the system and dunno if that's the problem I don't want to mess up my HPFP so continued cranking isn't something I wanna do. Any suggestions? I've been out of a truck since the 14th of July and I love riding my Harley but sometimes I jus wanna take the truck. Thanks in advance.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Some times the fuel system can be a pain on these to bleed. Turn the key and push in the scherader valve on top of the fuel cooler in until straight fuel comes out. Air will tracks to the highest point it can and that's the highest point on the fuel system

webb06

Reaction score
Loosen the rear banjo bolt on the fuel cooler to bleed the high pressure side, although it's really only bleeding to the hpfp. Then loosen the front banjo to bleed the low side which may already be bled if you're using the schrader valve.

It would help to get a scanner and see if your building any high side fuel pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SsgBulldawg

Reaction score
I've cycled the key 8-10 times each time then bled the low side. Don't that until NO air has come out, then did the high side the same way. Repeated those cycles and drained probably bout a gAL of diesel that way. My h&s says nothing until I crank and it don't start then it throws that p2291 code.I repeat the cycles again.... and nothing. Don't know anyone with a scanner to come check what's going on.

Latest posts

Members online