08 Sterling 10.5 problem, anyone else have it

Reaction score
Well two weeks ago when moving back from the northeast to Tx had the rear end start clunking when i was visiting my family. Was in town went to pull out of the car wash and heard a loud pop and grinding sound. Pulled off into a bank parking lot and walked across the street and grabed a oil catch can to pull the rear dif cover off. Had some small metal chunks come out but the fluid was still clean looking and wasnt burnt at all. Heres where it had me stumped.

has anyone had the carrier cap bolts either back out massively or just sheer off?

the top bolt on driver side had backed out about half an inch and the bottom bolt sheared right off at the cap, broke the factory spacer in to about 3 pieces. called ford about the bolts and was told $2200 bucks because i had to buy whole axle to get the bolts and new caps even though the caps were fine in my axle. So got some heat treated grade 8 bolts for replacements, new yukon ring and pinon, master install kit, new diff cover, and grizzly locker for the rear just because of one dang bolt.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.