09-16 retrofit....anyone done this?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
A well known light guy and myself started spitballing ideas and now have everything on the way to do this.
It will be a plug and play kit to run bi-xenon projectors in the OEM driving lights.
I'll have 4 projector low beams and 4 projector high beams with everything turned on. If everything shows up on time I'll retrofit the heads and fogs over Thanksgiving weekend. That's gonna be a whole lotta light. lol
Surely someone has done this already?

Jomax

Reaction score
When you say plug and play. Do you mean that you don't have to open the headlights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
You definitely have to open the lights to retrofit the projectors.
It's basically a standard headlight retrofit combined with a fog light retrofit that I haven't heard anyone doing although surely it's been done. I don't follow the lighting scene close enough to know if it's been done or not.
Anyway...the wiring to make them function as low beams and high beams will be plug-and-play. All 4 will be low beam then hit the high beams and you'll have 4 instead of just high beams and the fog lights turned off.

Jomax

Reaction score
You definitely have to open the lights to retrofit the projectors.
It's basically a standard headlight retrofit combined with a fog light retrofit that I haven't heard anyone doing although surely it's been done. I don't follow the lighting scene close enough to know if it's been done or not.
Anyway...the wiring to make them function as low beams and high beams will be plug-and-play. All 4 will be low beam then hit the high beams and you'll have 4 instead of just high beams and the fog lights turned off.

That would be nice. I'm using rigid dots for the fogs, it sucks when you go to high beam, it turns them off. I'm really surprised no one makes a plug and play kit to bypass that.

TyCorr

Reaction score
They used to make those "britebox" kits to let the fogs be independent of the stalk functions. If thats in the wrong zipcode please disregard my comment.

Id love to do some better lighting on my old truck as i drive mostly rural roads and with all the azzholes driving around with unaimed fleabay purple heads and fogs id feel less bad about blowing someones eyes out with bright lights. I told David (jomax) i wanted to put a 20" bar in my bumper to supplementmy high beams. I havent done it but with winter coming its heavy on my mind.

Betarocker

Reaction score
With a relay and some diodes you can have the fogs stay on with the high beams. Someone smarter than me can figure out the rest.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
That would be nice. I'm using rigid dots for the fogs, it sucks when you go to high beam, it turns them off. I'm really surprised no one makes a plug and play kit to bypass that.

They do, I have the relay kit. Basically fogs stay on, I also have the light bar wired into high beams. So have projector high beam, fogs and light bar on high

Last edited:

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
As far as retro fogs, not sure projector will fit,I was going to do mine, but think I'll pop open headlights instead and do two projectors, one extra where turn signals are up top. There is someone on here with them, basically said it was not worth the extra effort, but I think it will look more balanced, rather than a dummy up top

I have the square projector at bottom and looks good just not balanced

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
We have already fit a projector into the fog....that's where the whole plug-and-play and 4 high beam idea came from.
If you put real projector up top in the head light you had no way to aim it.

300000 and counting

Reaction score
Got a link or more info about the relay?

Just do it yourself, all you have to do is put a relay between your high beams and fogs. Get your ground and power off of the battery, hook your exciter wire to your high beam wire and hook your power to lights wire to your fog lights. I've had it like this on my truck for 2 years and I do 75% of my driving in the dark.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Back in the day when Mustang 5.0 GT (late 80s-early 90s) came out, there was a jumper you put in to have the fogs on with parking lights for cruising purposes. :poke: I wonder if something like that will work on the SD.

Billy T.
[email protected]

trackspeeder

Reaction score
Back in the day when Mustang 5.0 GT (late 80s-early 90s) came out, there was a jumper you put in to have the fogs on with parking lights for cruising purposes. :poke: I wonder if something like that will work on the SD.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Yes it will work on a SuperDuty. You place a jumper between two pin on the head light switch. I don't remember which pins to jump because it was many years ago. :D

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
No you can't just jump it anymore. Have to use a relay and diode, lights are controlled by bcm now, no longer just a on/off

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I know this is pertaining to older trucks but I know with the 17s you can use Forscan to edit the AB file in the BCM to have the fog's stay on with, highs.

Wonder if it's possible to do with 2016 and older.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Well...they're built. Gonna let them dry overnight then install, aim and get pics tomorrow night.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I just wrapped this up this morning. I have some wiring to figure out still...the bi-xenon projectors in the fogs are fighting me to keep all 4 high beams on. Stupid BCM is cock blocking me....I'll figure it out though.

15230545_10208339700749805_1292948229932879827_n.jpg

15230805_10208339700909809_5829792789836631459_n.jpg

15241299_10208339714350145_5732571971737924064_n.jpg

Latest posts

Members online