1 piece drive shaft

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
has anybody made the swap to a 1 piece drive shaft on these trucks yet? my carrier bearing is bad on my drive shaft, its about 250 to replace it, and i figure a new drive shaft will be better in the long run. i have a CCLB or is my truck too long for a 1 pc?

Jomax

Reaction score
Plenty people switch to one piece. The 2015s SB have a one piece. I get zero vibrations. With 37s. Even towing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
I wouldnt do it. I always swap in F450 drive shafts w/ an OUO Carrier Bearing Drop. All factory components. No worries, No Vibrations.

Any reason? Just curious is all.... alot of people jump on the need traction bars. I have a one piece on my 2015(came that way factory) Deaver springs and with 37s, when towing 17k if I punch it, Zero vibrations. But maybe the 3.0 kings in the back help aswell... I went against Traction bars, doesn't allow the axle to cycle the way it's supposed to.

DSL_PWR

Reaction score
Any reason? Just curious is all.... alot of people jump on the need traction bars. I have a one piece on my 2015(came that way factory) Deaver springs and with 37s, when towing 17k if I punch it, Zero vibrations. But maybe the 3.0 kings in the back help aswell... I went against Traction bars, doesn't allow the axle to cycle the way it's supposed to.

you are talking about short bed trucks correct? SB trucks come with 1 piece drive shafts.

The OP has a long bed truck and they have 2 piece drive shafts. I have a CCLB and talked to a few local shops about the possibility of a 1 piece drive shaft and was told no. Almost impossible to balance and maintain. Along with a few other reasons.

Layson

Reaction score
I would go with a two piece over a one piece for a long bed truck. It will be tough to find someone that will do it due to the length and most shops won't do it. Also, a two piece is going to be stronger than the one piece anyways. That carrier bearing drop kit Jared mentioned works for a stock truck all the way up to a 16+" lifted truck. I have one of those on my truck with a two piece driveline and zero vibrations.

Just because you don't have initial vibrations when you get on it with 37's towing doesn't mean you don't have axle wrap. You can have axle wrap and never really feel it. You ought to throw a camera under there and show us. I would bet money you have it, especially when you hook up to a trailer, those 3.0's soak up a lot of stuff.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I would go with a two piece over a one piece for a long bed truck. It will be tough to find someone that will do it due to the length and most shops won't do it. Also, a two piece is going to be stronger than the one piece anyways. That carrier bearing drop kit Jared mentioned works for a stock truck all the way up to a 16+" lifted truck. I have one of those on my truck with a two piece driveline and zero vibrations.

Exactly what I was getting at.

Thank you buddy!

Latest posts